Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Yeah, Madman do that with a few of their titles. The reverse side of that jacket is the Japanese TFTM poster (which was used in Japanese theatres in the 80s). They did the same thing with the Rurouni Kenshin OVA -- the reverse side had るろうに剣心 (Rurouni Kenshin), whereas the front side has "Samurai X" (needless to say I flipped it ). It's a pretty neat idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, Madman do that with a few of their titles. The reverse side of that jacket is the Japanese TFTM poster (which was used in Japanese theatres in the 80s). They did the same thing with the Rurouni Kenshin OVA -- the reverse side had るろうに剣心 (Rurouni Kenshin), whereas the front side has "Samurai X" (needless to say I flipped it ). It's a pretty neat idea.
    It is a really good idea. Wish more dvds had that option for a more artistic cover.

just got around to throwing out my fort max postage box and found the collectors coin in the bottom of the box, it was under some foam.

I've wondered about the autobot shaped gap in the clear section at the front of the gold part of MP Grimlock's chest. When in T-rex mode there's no symbol in it which I always thought was an oversight. But when I transformed him yesterday I discovered that when sliding the chest into place for Robot mode, the autobot symbol appears! Cool!

Not to do with toys... but anyway, like most G1 fans I've watched the G1 cartoons like thousands of times since it came out. Recorded eps on VHS and watched them over and over again till the tapes wore out yada yada yada.

But it was until the G1 cartoon came out on DVD that I noticed that yellow Cliffjumper actually appears in the G1 cartoon! I think my brain just kept "autocorrecting" him as Bumblebee each time I saw him, but upon closer inspection it's clearly Cliffjumper and not Bumblebee! Heh, so really both the red and yellow colour variants of Cliffjumper appear in the cartoon! Makes me feel that extra bit happy owning both Cliffjumpers. I need to keep looking out for any more appearances of Yellow Cliffjumper... or maybe Red Bumblebee! (haven't noticed him in the cartoon... yet?).

Yellow Cliffjumper toy:

Yellow Cliffjumper in "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1"

Yellow Cliffjumper in "The Ultimate Doom, Part 3"[/i]
    Wow great spotting, I would have never realised! Come to think of it, I've seen a lot of Autobot/decepticon signs swapped and some colour mismatching, but never a whole bot lol. So random the old g1 series, I guess he just changed his colour kinda like how we change our shirts

I was given g1 Perceptor as a child years ago (hand me down) and after all this time, I realised the loose piece of translucent plastic floating around in the box was his chest shield. I found them all at my parents a few months back and cleaned them up a bit, and finally connected him together properly... Too bad about both his arms broken off

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I've wondered about the autobot shaped gap in the clear section at the front of the gold part of MP Grimlock's chest. When in T-rex mode there's no symbol in it which I always thought was an oversight. But when I transformed him yesterday I discovered that when sliding the chest into place for Robot mode, the autobot symbol appears! Cool!
    I love the way that happens on that figure. MArvellous piece of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    Wow great spotting, I would have never realised! Come to think of it, I've seen a lot of Autobot/decepticon signs swapped and some colour mismatching, but never a whole bot lol. So random the old g1 series,
    Yeah but it's also a happy coincidence that the colour mismatch on Cliffjumper happens to correspond w/ an actually existing variant of the original Cliffjumper toy. As a kid I saw more yellow Cliffjumpers and red Bumblebees than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    I guess he just changed his colour kinda like how we change our shirts
    There are some Transformers who do like to regularly change their colour schemes "as fashion dictates." e.g. Hauler and Shockwave (pre-empurata).

There are some Transformers who do like to regularly change their colour schemes "as fashion dictates." e.g. Hauler and Shockwave (pre-empurata).
    Sideswipe and Thundercracker are a couple of others who seem to keep changing their favourite colours.

Just got my Encore Soundwave off the shelf for a play and dusting. I never realised chrome could ware off without play or contact. Oh well, I'm sure Takara will reissue him again so if it ever bothers me in the future that he's not mint I'll just pick up the 50 billionth reissue.