Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Gf was looking at the back of the astrotrain box and asked "who's red car?" . "Sideswipe" i snapped. what do you think. (she should know this , we do the transformers training) "Looks like Tracks" she said.. "No Sideswipe" i said.
    But yep Tracks it is in red. won't live that one down for a while
    The Japanese version actually has the red Tracks/Road Rage and normal blue Tracks (who is over on the right):

For anyone interested, there's an interesting interview with Jeff Mangiat (who painted the boxart) here: http://tformers.com/transformers-int...2545/news.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The Japanese version actually has the red Tracks/Road Rage and normal blue Tracks (who is over on the right):

For anyone interested, there's an interesting interview with Jeff Mangiat (who painted the boxart) here: http://tformers.com/transformers-int...2545/news.html
    There is a lot of little/massive differences between the 2 pics.
    i think i prefer that one.
    I'd like to know what that original artwork went for they mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    There is a lot of little/massive differences between the 2 pics.
    i think i prefer that one.
    Yeah, the Japanese one couldn't have the Deluxe Insecticons, Shockwave, Whirl or Jetfire moulds since they were Takatoku/ToyCo/Bandai toys and not Japanese Transformers. I wonder when they realised, since it would have made more sense just to paint one mural with the toys legal for both markets. I'm sure the Japanese Destrons didn't mind getting Devastator, extra Constructicons and Blitzwing as boxart reinforcements though.

^ G1 box art FTW
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ^ G1 box art FTW
    Beautiful stuff to behold, it never ceases to impress and amaze me.

Thanks to Demonac, who pointed out that the new DotM Mirage Legion toy (wave 2 of the TFPrime series) is just a redeco of TF2 Sideways toy (with modified hands), he had me worried that the only "new" Mirage toy for DotM (the Speed Stars vehicle) was not a new mould either.
    I looked, and was reassured that it was a completely new mould (top and bottom - compared to Leadfoot that was a redeco top and new bottom), but I did notice on the bottom under the robot sculpting, something interesting.

Every Speed Stars toy has the character name under the robot sculpt... except Mirage. Instead, it says... "Europeansports" as if a place-holder name was used by accident, while Hasbro were waiting for the final name to be confirmed by Bay (and no one noticed before it went into production).

I didn't realize that on some G1 Headmaster's heads you can flip half of the robots face over to cover the robot's head on the back of the pilot/trainer.
    like in this pic (left to right) -
    -Lord Zarak (Scorponok)robot face shown.
    -Grax (Skullcruncher) face/head panel half flipped over.
    -Volrath (Mindwipe) robot face covered on trainers back.

I only recently, when I picked up Generations Thundercracker last week, realized the Classics seeker mould thruster/exhaust fan nipples flip out to make what I assume are wheels in vehical mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I only recently, when I picked up Generations Thundercracker last week, realized the Classics seeker mould thruster/exhaust fan nipples flip out to make what I assume are wheels in vehical mode.
    fan nipples lol
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Not toy related, but only just found out tonight - An animation error from the opening credits of Season 3 of Gen1 cartoon... Kup was really Springer coloured as Kup.