Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Knight AD-31 Optimus from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    You must be referring to something else. AoE Nemesis Prime was only released at a japanese convention and is currently selling for $200+ on eBay. BBTS was the only online store to sell them for western audiences and they sold out both AoE Nemesis Prime and Nemesis Grimlock a few hours after it went on sale.
    It's in a "new" style Japanese version mono-colour box but instead of red and white the box is black and white. The Prime looks like a black version of evasion mode Optimus. It's been on the shelves in stores in Wan Chai's for months... Next time I'm over there if they still have one I'll see how much he is.
    The second one I've seen hanging around is (I'm guessing) a one step Western Star black Optimus on card. The backing card is blue with Japanese on it.

I don't collect Nemesis so aside from casually looking at them for their deco's I don't pay much attention to their rarity so I assumed they were common. Sorry. :/

I'm guessing you're referring to the top two guys.

I'm guessing what happened is that the owner of the store went to the convention and picked up a few of them to sell in his own store. If you check on eBay then you'll see how dear people are trying to sell it for (they're selling for way more than MP-10B!).

Shelf-warming wouldn't be the exact term I'd use here given that it never had a retail run.

It's sad that I have the gimmick one (Battle Attack)... but really want the Evasion/Voyager one.

Well, if there are dealers in HK that are selling it for under $100, I might have to look out for it.

That, and the original AD-31 Armor Knight Optimus, which itself was super rare with its release to retailers, and now commands hefty prices online.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's sad that I have the gimmick one (Battle Attack)... but really want the Evasion/Voyager one.

Well, if there are dealers in HK that are selling it for under $100, I might have to look out for it.

That, and the original AD-31 Armor Knight Optimus, which itself was super rare with its release to retailers, and now commands hefty prices online.
    More than one shop had the Nemesis Primes in stock last time I looked. I'm heading over to the stores in question on the 17th so if they still have them on the shelves I'll let you know what they're going for.

AD-31 however has always had a hefty price here . He retailed for around AU$132 minimum and I could never justify the expense to add yet another Optimus to my collection regardless of how nice he looked.

Keep me in the loop as well Bladestorm if you see any Nemesis Evasion Primes at a 'reasonable' price.

And me as well. Don't own a movie Nemesis so would love to own one especially the AoE voyager mold.

I really would love to get this one as well!!

+1!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Sorry guys... the two stores that had Nemisis have sold them since the last time I visited.
    One store did still have AD-31. As I don't want to hijack this thread I'll put some pics in the foreign sightings if any of you are interested in seeing what WAS on the shelves.

This comes out in the next couple of days, so it has already shown up at dealers like Robotkingdom, who have released images of the front and back of the box.