Page 77 of 120 FirstFirst ... 576772737475767778798081828797 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

oops, wrong thread <<;
    Last edited by Bato; 7th June 2016 at 11:31 AM.

Raoul got whitewashed between his appearance in "Make Tracks" (Hispanic skin tone) and "Auto-Bop" (Caucasian skin tone). Moreover, Raoul's lighter skin tone also appears to reflect his more heroic persona. In RPG terms, Raoul is basically Chaotic Neutral in "Make Tracks," but by the end of the episode he grows to become Chaotic Good, and in "Auto-Bop" he appears to have levelled up to Neutral Good.

And remember that the G1 cartoon was no stranger to racial undertones, as this was the very reason why Casey Kasem quit the show.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Raoul got whitewashed between his appearance in "Make Tracks" (Hispanic skin tone) and "Auto-Bop" (Caucasian skin tone). Moreover, Raoul's lighter skin tone also appears to reflect his more heroic persona.
    And remember that the G1 cartoon was no stranger to racial undertones, as this was the very reason why Casey Kasem quit the show.
    I had no idea the whole time thar they were the same guy.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

God damnit!!!!

Why didn't tell me Screamer and friends (MP-11 onwards) had "heels"???

Have noticed them on Ramjet (and pics of thrust) and thought it was a conehead remould/extra. But looking at pics, MP-11 started it.

In my defense.... had 5 versions of Screamer v1 out and about for a long time... So MP-11, never looked at it, never even bothered to lift the engine covers! MP-Sunstorm has never been opened, nor has Hasbro TC.

And Tak MP-11SW and MP-11TC were opened, eyeballed, and packed away...

Beast Wars Scourge is a cool looking Transformer in a wicked paint scheme that I didn't know existed until it was front paged on seibertron recently. http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...courge/4094/1/
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Sadly the chrome quality on this toy is rubbish and highly prone to flaking. This toy was a bit of a peg warmer, so I'm surprised you never noticed before.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Sadly the chrome quality on this toy is rubbish and highly prone to flaking. This toy was a bit of a peg warmer, so I'm surprised you never noticed before.
    I didn't get back into TFs until the year 2003.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I don't own MP11 Starscream, but I just Google searched an image of his tech specs card and discovered that his function isn't Air Commander (航空参謀) but actually Neo Emperor of Destruction (新破壊大帝)! Which of course makes sense since he does come with the coronation kit... so ya know... Neo Emperor of Destruction for a whole minute.

For those who may not know, Megatron's function in Japan isn't Leader, but "Emperor of Destruction." Galvatron's function in Japan is not "City Commander," but "Neo Emperor of Destruction." So MP11's tech specs establishes Starscream as being Neo Emperor of Destruction for a brief moment before the title was taken by Galvatron. I guess this means Galvatron did attempt to fill in his shoes.