View Poll Results: BH Legion Airachnid - worth buying?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 85.71%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • I'm not even interested

1 14.29%

Thread: Toy Review - Beast Hunters Legion Airachnid

Default Toy Review - Beast Hunters Legion Airachnid

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to get you started)

Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line - Beast Hunters - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Legion
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 1
    Released here - March 2013
    Approximate Retail Price - $7-9
    Approximate Size - 7cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - helicopter
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none
    Main Colours - Black, grey, purple
    Main Accessories - rotors, weapon

Last edited by griffin; 19th March 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Kinda sad when the Legion class is a better engineered toy than the deluxe. Further cements my love for the Prime Cyberverse line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Kinda sad when the Legion class is a better engineered toy than the deluxe. Further cements my love for the Prime Cyberverse line.
    It's pretty much been that way since 2009 IMO... an ever increasing trend where the smaller/cheaper toys are getting better while the bigger/dearer toys are getting worse. :/ I know some people who've given up on collecting the larger stuff and exclusively collect Legends, Legions and Commanders (although IMO the Commanders aren't that good... the old Scout/Basics were so much better (and cheaper)).

This BH legend class is doing well. I picked up most of them and they are looking good. I agree that they are better than the d-class this time.

And yes it is an Amazing little toy. I like her and Flamewar as a teeny tiny Arcee Revenge Squad. And god help me I'm starting to "ship" them. i blame Teen Wolf's fanbase for that.

A nice enough figure. Shoulders tend to pop out kinda easily. The instructions only show you how to transform the toy half way into vehicle mode -- there's no instructions on what to do with the legs and rear panels. Thankfully it's intuitive enough to work out the rest, but still... poor form on Hasbro's part. Also... what the hell's a Nova Stinger Bow? Nova means "new" in Latin, so... does it mean that her weapon is only effective on new characters? (i.e. it would have no affect on any figure that's not currently in production/on sale?), or does it only figure newly manufactured Stinger rounds? Maybe the poison has a fast expiry date and she has to keep refreshing them. Why would poison expire? Wait... these are robots, right? Or is it simply because her weapon is a new one. So when this weapon gets old, is she gonna call it the Antiqua Stinger Bow??

I like it and probably prefer it to the deluxe version, especially the way she looks a little like the grim reaper with the helicopter nose forming a cowl (ish).

Goki, a nova is a star that glows extra brightly for a short time (weeks/months) then returns to its normal luminosity, or in the case of a super nova glows brightly for an extended amount of time then may return to greatly reduced luminosity - kinda makes sense for an energy based weapon.

It's called a nova because 16th century astronomer Tycho Brahe observed a supernova and published his observation in a book entitled "De stella nova" ('concerning the new star'). Nonetheless the word "nova" itself does semantically mean "new".
    e.g. "'Crepundia nova sum!' Airachnid clamat." ("'I'm a new toy!,' shouted Airachnid")

So does Airachnid's weapon draw its power from a dying star? That's... pretty freakin' powerful I would imagine!

Sounds like it is based on a misnomer, in that Nova is more seen by the common folk as something that's a bright burst or explosive force. Kinda like a Black Hole being a misnomer, in it not actually being a hole... but early astronomers named these things (Black Hole, Nova, Seas of the Moon) based on what was best known at the time. Technology will help science fix up the errors later, like proving earth isn't flat or that the sun revolves around it... and it will just take a while after that for the general public to know and accept it, if it's important enough.

I got this for 4 bucks from ToYs r us and I think she is a very good little toy.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera