Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
Changing to another ISP before the NBN changeover is useless here. Every single port in Gladstone is owned by Telstra so even if I changed to someone good like Aussie Broadband it would still be on a Telstra owned port at the same congested Telstra exchange. Aussie Broadband even said when I called them a couple of months ago there was no point in switching before the NBN. Nobody else ever invested money into landline telecom infrastructure in Gladstone.

I checked the NBN rollout map of Gladstone. Looks like my suburb is the first old suburb to get the NBN and construction has started (I hope they keep to their published timeframe). There are some suburbs that have been built in the last few years that have the NBN already (some even with FTTP), but the vast majority of the population are on Telstra's ADSL infrastructure.

I'm going to give Aussie Broadband a call this week and find out how I can change over to them as soon as my house has the NBN made available.
I mean when the nbn happens for you. Only reason to be on Telstra is when you have no choice.