Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF Animated Episode 25 - Autoboot Camp

I enjoyed this episode, it was fun and interesting although I saw the ending plot 'twist' coming within the first 5 minutes.

Waspinator kind of reminded me of BW Waspinator's cybertronian form in robot mode.

I don't mind the 'mold' brother thing as this concept was originally hinted in G1 but never explored.

I liked this episode very much although plot wise it was nothing special. The slapstick with Sentinel got old quickly but it wasn't too bad.

Looks like for the most part the pattern is that traditionaly 'old' G1 veteran bots have been made 'young' characters in Animated.

I love the concept of 'Transformups'

I love the "Transformups" too.

I also really like the idea of Bumblebee and Wasp(inator?) having similar looks "from the "same mold" and sharing the stinger weapons. It makes a lot of sense. Shame they could never use the name Bumblebee during Beast Wars or might have got a Maximal repaint of Waspinator.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I've read plenty of other people claiming this episode to be up with their favourites, but I just didnt like it all that much. Even though it was setting up for a later payoff, the episode felt wasted to me because:
    a) Bumblebee NEVER learns from his mistakes. being too fast, loud, stupid, going alone etc, we have seen Bumblebee do it in the past, and then he supposedly "learns" only to do the same thing a few episodes later.
    b) they did the tacky "what they were looking for was around the bend" stunt.
    c) Bulkhead really being that thick/wanting to be Bumblebee's friends in camp felt forced. Ironhide seemed to be the true thickee of the 5 though.
    That's pretty much what I though, bar (c). They should focus on someone like Optimus or Ratchet, who haven't all that many episodes about them. Or, better yet, do an entire episode from the Decepticons POV.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    That's pretty much what I though, bar (c). They should focus on someone like Optimus or Ratchet, who haven't all that many episodes about them. Or, better yet, do an entire episode from the Decepticons POV.
    I just saw this ep just before, pretty good, and the one after it was pretty good too.

And yes, I'd like to see a "megatron begins" type of episode too, on where he came from to how he began the decepticon revolt.

Those comics last year didn't really help as I couldn't tell who was who, doing what to whom most of the time due to the animation.
    ________
    Cannabis News
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I enjoyed this episode, it was fun and interesting although I saw the ending plot 'twist' coming within the first 5 minutes.
    +1! The only thing that surprised me was the who! I thought reflector or someone a bit more discreet but hey Shocky works fine too. I don't like the lack of purple tho

[QUOTE=kup;25936]
    Waspinator kind of reminded me of BW Waspinator's cybertronian form in robot mode.

Ah, I was thinking at the start "Nooooo" he's not the Waspinator we know and love but by the end I felt sorry for the poor bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I love the concept of 'Transformups'
    +1!

Very good episode. No gripes from me.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection