Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's Articles & Reviews

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thank you lancalot!!

Just very recently I read a great blog post by Dave Barry (Gangu Stars) on a new phenomenon called ‘digital collecting’, a practice whereby toy enthusiasts strictly collect images of toys they desire instead of physically owning them. Now while most of us want to be able to touch and transform the items in our collections, some amass photographs (of others’ toys) and call that their collection. Whether I understand it or not, I was reminded of just how much Transformers imagery we must all have on various storage devices, some of it ancient.

Remind Me | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Just very recently I read a great blog post by Dave Barry (Gangu Stars) on a new phenomenon called ‘digital collecting’, a practice whereby toy enthusiasts strictly collect images of toys they desire instead of physically owning them. Now while most of us want to be able to touch and transform the items in our collections, some amass photographs (of others’ toys) and call that their collection. Whether I understand it or not, I was reminded of just how much Transformers imagery we must all have on various storage devices, some of it ancient.
    I've considered a move towards the Digital Collecting, particularly for expensive toys I can't justify.

What I'm still waiting for is a chance to peek into the vaults of Griffin's former hard drive and the Transformers imagery from times gone by it holds.

Another great article Maz

Good article Maz, nice to see how the collecting community has changed.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Huh Digital Collecting, I save photos of things I want to buy but as soon as its in the collection I have no need for it. It would just pain me to look at photos of my own collection if I had to sell up!

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    I remember when I went through a phase of cataloguing various different pieces of reference material for upcoming toys, such as Botcon releases and the official pics from Hasbro, wanting to make a collection of official pics.

I ended up deleting most of it however, when I realised I wasn't really ever looking at them and I had the actual figure.

Default Collector Interview 31 - Michael Kingcaid

Get me an interview, now. That’s what I said to my friend when he shared a picture of Michael Kingcaid’s Transformers collection with me a week before Michael himself shared photos with the Internet. I then received numerous emails and Facebook tags to get in touch with the owner of this amazing collection and collar him for an interview. Luckily, by that stage I had established contact with this highly creative, long-time enthusiast and he was thrilled to be able to share his passion and achievement through a Source Interview. Inspiration in words and visuals alike, by popular demand, we give you Michael Kingcaid!

Collector Interview 31 – Michael Kingcaid | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

These days, invariably, you will find good condition factory sealed vintage Generation 1 Transformers preserved, immortalised, imprisoned, desecrated (delete as appropriate) in an acrylic display case, with a grade attached. The AFA – or Action Figure Authority – grade toys like Transformers be they factory sealed, opened and unused or even loose. Everyone has an opinion on this, from not keeping toys sealed at all to downright hatred of the AFA and the culture behind grading Transformers, specifically the ‘authority’ part and the implication that the AFA are experts. The other side of the coin is that collectors use the grading process to confirm what they already knew about the quality of their specimen, and are after preservation of the toys only. It’s really not as black and white as we may think.

Making The Grade - Part 1 | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Great articles as always Maz
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Ahhh the suspense!! Another well written article.