Page 430 of 481 FirstFirst ... 410420425426427428429430431432433434435440450 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Wel really it depends on the reason. If they just decided at the last minute that they had something better to do, then yeah, not very cool of them. But if one of them developed a highly contagious gastro bug, then there's not much they can do about that and I don't think you'd want them there anyway.

So, as always, context is necessary
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Man, that sucks, I would have totally gone if you lived in civilisation. A bbq at someone's house is totally rad. Haven't been to one in years.

No really, that is the height of rudeness. At least you know who not to bother with anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Wel really it depends on the reason. If they just decided at the last minute that they had something better to do, then yeah, not very cool of them. But if one of them developed a highly contagious gastro bug, then there's not much they can do about that and I don't think you'd want them there anyway.

So, as always, context is necessary

I think I was just annoyed as I hadn't been awake long before the text came in and my wife had just started cooking all the ingredients for yet another large salad. And my wife told me later it was because their toddler was sick so they didn't want her to spread her germs so yeah it was a valid excuse. Most everyone else showed up. Was just annoyed at the time so needed to vent.

I still remember when 2 of my wifes friends (and partners) no showed our wedding reception without prior warning. At $60 a head, we were not impressed. Even better was that they didn't get us a gift...or a valid reason as to why they didn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I still remember when 2 of my wifes friends (and partners) no showed our wedding reception without prior warning. At $60 a head, we were not impressed. Even better was that they didn't get us a gift...or a valid reason as to why they didn't show.
    That's pretty crap. Though I can do you one better, an aquaintence from High School - dude was that unpopular even as an adult that to get a best man for his wedding he just asked the guy that disliked him least from his work.

And then the dude didn't show!

Pretty crap, even your best man not showing up to your wedding. As much as a living irritant as the groom is, the bloke should have shown up.

I should post some of the pics from that dudes wedding someone sent me recently - most hideous wedding photos you have ever seen!

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Been trying (while juggling family commitments, family who are not well at the moment) to renovate the bathroom. I am good at a lot of things - handyman/DIY is not one of them. So frustrating.
    I hear ya M-bot. Yesterday with help from my sister's husband, we took down a 'wobbly' brick chimney stack that was leaning inwards. The mortor was like beach sand & all it took was a sturdy tap of the mallet to dismantle one brick at a time. The interior metal chimney component also came out without much fight. Hopefully the plastic sheet & sealant we put over the top will do the trick. We'll know at the next down pour.

After quick work of the chimney we thought we'll power through to clear a portion of the rear garden for the shed. What we estimated would take 1 hour actually took 3. In 30 degreeC weather! The homemade lemonade was good though. Feeling the sunburn today....

Next. Restumping by pros, gut & redo the bathroom and repaint the entire house inside & out & erect the garden shed.
    Last edited by Megatran; 21st November 2016 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I hear ya M-bot. Yesterday with help from my sister's husband, we took down a 'wobbly' brick chimney stack that was leaning inwards. The mortor was like beach sand & all it took was a turdy tap of the mallet to dismantle one brick at a time. The interior metal chimney component also came out without much fight. Hopefully the plastic sheet & sealant we put over the top will do the trick. We'll know at the next down pour.

After quick work of the chimney we thought we'll power through to clear a portion of the rear garden for the shed. What we estimated would take 1 hour actually took 3. In 30 degreeC weather! The homemade lemonade was good though. Feeling the sunburn today....

Next. Restumping by pros, gut & redo the bathroom and repaint the entire house inside & out & erect the garden shed.
    sounds like a good project with a great long term result.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Means your payroll guy is better. The closer you are to even means you have more money each week. But they should strive to have a small refund as no one likes to pay extra, but to get a bit instead.
    I actually prefer having to pay tax at the end of the year, means I received an interest free loan courtesy of the government

Bought a bed for the kid a few months ago. We also ordered a mattress te same day from a different shop hat we were assured would be delivered no later than 2 weeks after. Fast forward 3 months and a million excuses and the mattress is getting delivered tomorrow. So this afternoon I left work early to build the bed frame. Turns out it was missing the centre leg that supports the slats. I rang the shop we bought it from and they said that I'd have to email their customer support and they'd mail me out a new one within 14 days.

I was far from happy with this as it meant that I'd either have to leave the bed in pieces and store a double latex mattress somewhere until this piece arrived or build the bed,drop the mattress on it and then pull it all apart again later. I tools them neither was acceptable and that I'd be down in the morning to claim the centre leg on their display bed.

They agreed and went to have a look to see if it was easily removable and came back to the phone saying that the 2 display beds they had on the floor were missing this leg too

So here I was at Bunnings at 7:30pm on a Friday night buying timber to make a bed leg.

It's all done at last. Hopefully the mattress delivery guys don't stuff up tomorrow...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Next. Restumping
    We arrive home in the evening & we see cracks on the plaster walls from the restumping job. A quick call to Dad who was house sitting followed by a call to the Contractor & we're told that it's not unusual for cracks to appear & repairs are not covered in the contract. So now we've got to add re-plaster work to the long list of reno jobs.

The missus is NOT happy the toilet seat was left up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Bought a bed for the kid a few months ago. We also ordered a mattress te same day from a different shop hat we were assured would be delivered no later than 2 weeks after. Fast forward 3 months and a million excuses and the mattress is getting delivered tomorrow. So this afternoon I left work early to build the bed frame. Turns out it was missing the centre leg that supports the slats. I rang the shop we bought it from and they said that I'd have to email their customer support and they'd mail me out a new one within 14 days.

I was far from happy with this as it meant that I'd either have to leave the bed in pieces and store a double latex mattress somewhere until this piece arrived or build the bed,drop the mattress on it and then pull it all apart again later. I tools them neither was acceptable and that I'd be down in the morning to claim the centre leg on their display bed.

They agreed and went to have a look to see if it was easily removable and came back to the phone saying that the 2 display beds they had on the floor were missing this leg too

So here I was at Bunnings at 7:30pm on a Friday night buying timber to make a bed leg.

It's all done at last. Hopefully the mattress delivery guys don't stuff up tomorrow...
    The things you need to do as a parent