With it's closure as of 5pm the 4th of August 2018, Garden City Toys R Us has closed, opened 1993, I figured this'd be a nice way to share stories of the long running toy store that was part of our lives. Also figured it'd be a good idea to give each store it's own thread, since Toys R Us' were few and far between to appear more exclusive, so this is here so we can share our memories and stories of this store.

Back in high school, I applied for a job here and got as far as the group interview. I have to say it was a bit a daunting with it being my first job interview, but it was nice experience to gain. It was a bit fun that one of the questions they asked the group was what our favourite toy was, my answer was Transformers, funny considering I was in my teen angst era where toys were just for kids, but TF's always stayed with me.

Because I was nervous and quiet during the interview compared to everyone else, I never got the call back, that sucked but it was about the experience. This is one of my stories about Toys R Us garden city, and I'm sure we all have them, so it'd be fun to share.