Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Na, I'm at about $600. Last year my big one was $943, though that was with shipping costs. Does the $1000 limit take into account how much the shipping costs and deduct it or do they simply go by the overall total?
    Just the cost of the goods in Aussie dollars bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Just the cost of the goods in Aussie dollars bud.
    Ah - there ya go. Good to know As usual you are a most excellent font of info Sinner . Now if you can tell me how to get my toddler to go back into his sleep routine we'll be laughin

Wonder why I didn't get hit up when I paid over a grand for an original G1 Fort Max on eBay then - maybe auction pieces work differently

Wonder why I didn't get hit up when I paid over a grand for an original G1 Fort Max on eBay then - maybe auction pieces work differently
    probably just lucky, I've had an early bbts box come though that worked out at about 1100 AU$ I think, and had no charges. There is probably some leeway with fluctuation of the dollar but if you were importing $1200 worth of stuff twice a week they'd certainly ping you for that. still it's better to be safe than sorry.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    There have been quite a lot of instances in the last couple years where the advertised street date for non-movie transformers product has been pushed back, it's not just BBTS that's suffering. At least when they do find out they change the expected release date most of the time. there are other stores that don't.
    Yeah true, but it's still annoying when they say 'August' for the entire month of August then right at the end change it to September. Surely they receive shipping info on what they will receive more than a day or two in advance
    Well now they have pushed Generations 2014 Series 04 - Set of 4 back to September as well . That leaves 2 of the 6 of my preorders that were supposed to show up this month still listed as August. I'll be damn annoyed if the last 2 get pushed back at the last minute as well

Well now they have pushed Generations 2014 Series 04 - Set of 4 back to September as well . That leaves 2 of the 6 of my preorders that were supposed to show up this month still listed as August. I'll be damn annoyed if the last 2 get pushed back at the last minute as well
    That Waspy wave? That makes a year delay for that wave. It's kinda good that it's delayed for me coz I have had no money to pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    That Waspy wave? That makes a year delay for that wave. It's kinda good that it's delayed for me coz I have had no money to pay for them.
    Na, the Nightbeat, Windblade etc wave

Na, the Nightbeat, Windblade etc wave
    Ah bugger. I'm waiting on them too. Just hope it doesn't end up like that waspy wave lol

Oh and the Waspy wave did get delayed again to September. That makes a year delay for them.
    Last edited by 1AZRAEL1; 28th August 2014 at 12:31 AM.

Well Lost Age Soundwave is STILL listed as an August arrival so since there are only 3 hours left of the month in the US I'm guessing someone is standing outside their HQ in the dark waiting for the truck to arrive

Edit: it's now well into Sept 1st over there and still says August - time machine anyone?
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 1st September 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Does anyone know from experience if BBTS leave a little leeway with your POL if you have your last items coming in the coming month? I'm worried I'll go over the limit and have it ship without Arcee, Swerve, Cosmos and Brainstorm. Also, on the subject of limits, does the 180 day thing start when the first item comes in stock or when you place you first preorder?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Does anyone know from experience if BBTS leave a little leeway with your POL if you have your last items coming in the coming month? I'm worried I'll go over the limit and have it ship without Arcee, Swerve, Cosmos and Brainstorm. Also, on the subject of limits, does the 180 day thing start when the first item comes in stock or when you place you first preorder?
    The timer would start when something actually goes into your POL. It'd be silly to start the timer if there was nothing in the pile, especially if the pre-order is for something that won't be in stock for 5 months.

As the for extension, I swear I remember someone saying that they were about to hit the end of the 180 day limit on their POL and were just waiting on 1 wave of figures, the wave should have been there before the 180th day but due to a delay they weren't going to be. I'm pretty sure they emailed them and asked for an extension because had the figures come in as expected they would have already shipped the POL.

I don't know if they got the extension or not though, but it would be worth a shot.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|