Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy from Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by tangy View Post
    Will there be some trader stands or forum guys selling?
    Most of the time the deals are forged on the boards (you probably aren't ranked high enough to see them, sorry) and then swap/pay when we meet up on the day. If you have any offers or wants just post them in this topic and you'll get a response, or not.

I don't know for sure but there will be TF on offer at the fair.

Welcome to ozformers.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Most of the time the deals are forged on the boards (you probably aren't ranked high enough to see them, sorry) and then swap/pay when we meet up on the day. If you have any offers or wants just post them in this topic and you'll get a response, or not.

I don't know for sure but there will be TF on offer at the fair.
    thanks for that - i'm looking to start with an MP10 so if anyone has one at a decent price or has any leads it would be appreciated

This late in the game MP-10 can be pretty pricey. Unless you can persuade a board member to part with theirs I think this one at RobotKingdom.com is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    This late in the game MP-10 can be pretty pricey. Unless you can persuade a board member to part with theirs I think this one at RobotKingdom.com is your best bet.
    Price : US$ 179.90 / pcs

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Price : US$ 179.90 / pcs
    That's not _that_ bad. Shipping from RK is fast and reasonably priced. Add to that, it retailed for $150 here in AU.

If you're that late to the MP-10, it's honestly not a terrible price, especially considering the appeal of it.

Yeah, but he doesn't like paying above Retail price, so no matter how old the item is, or how much it has increased in "actual" value, anything above Retail is "surprising".

Just so that no one is made to feel bad about paying that much for a prized toy (some people are new to collecting, and some have to be very selective with their budget), the discontinued Hasbro MP-10 for US$180 is actually a bargain, considering the range on ebay right now is US$245 to US$300, and there is only about half a dozen on there.

(I'd like to think that someone at Hasbro would be intelligent enough to see the value of re-releasing it during the 30th Anniversary year though, due to its success on its own)
    Last edited by griffin; 2nd August 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, but he doesn't like paying above Retail price, so no matter how old the item is, or how much it has increased in "actual" value, anything above Retail is "surprising".
    That's the problem then, isn't it? I mean, my Delorean is in the shop getting some work done on the flux capacitor... :P

I was more referring to that fact that, realistically, thats a pretty goddamn good price for something that a lot of members seem to have missed out on. If I'd only nabbed one instead of two for loose display, I'd actually bite for a second at that price considering how kick-ass the MP-10 looks in both modes.

I do realise that i'm quite late into the game so I was expecting to have to buy my way in - unfortunately for my bank account

just went to check out the RK Mp10...aaaaand it's gone

i'm just about to put a pre order in for an MP19 smokescreen and would like to know your thoughts on the MP13 soundwave Hasbro vs TT?

with the preorder the TT it ends up being roughly the same price as what a hasbro would be here (if i can get one) - i know the hasbro comes with all the tapes but i just "feel" i'm getting more out of the TT verson - must be the noob in me

Quote Originally Posted by tangy View Post
    i'm just about to put a pre order in for an MP19 smokescreen and would like to know your thoughts on the MP13 soundwave Hasbro vs TT?

with the preorder the TT it ends up being roughly the same price as what a hasbro would be here (if i can get one) - i know the hasbro comes with all the tapes but i just "feel" i'm getting more out of the TT verson - must be the noob in me
    With shipping the TT will cost you $170 USD or ~$190 AUD.
    The Hasbro is definitely much better value on paper, but if you're not impressed by it, or are drawn to the TT, then by all means buy the TT. Afterall, it's the one that you'll be looking at everyday.