Page 24 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Piranha 3D

I'm not even sure why they're bothering to make this, clearly there's no way they could ever top Mega Piranha...
    I'm actually interested in seeing this. The original Piranha movie was great (even though it was clearly trying to ride the wave - no pun intended, of popularity from the Jaws films).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Any one heard of the movie Catfish? If you havn't don't look it up and don't try to find out about it coz apparently its worth watching without knowing anything about it.

But for those who do know about it and know what happens, could they PM me and tell me?! I don't want to wait for the movie to come out and I am extremely keen to find out

Tomorrow when the war began comes out next week. Hope it's half as good as the book.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Tomorrow when the war began comes out next week. Hope it's half as good as the book.
    I'm seeing it tonight, I'll let you know how it is

I'm hanging to see Machete when that comes out next month. It's got my two favourite actors in Steven Seagal and Robert De Niro. There's a trailer on youtube but a word of warning for the squeamish, it's over the top violence (R rated).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm hanging to see Machete when that comes out next month. It's got my two favourite actors in Steven Seagal and Robert De Niro. There's a trailer on youtube but a word of warning for the squeamish, it's over the top violence (R rated).
    Yes yes yes. Machete looks as good as is did in the mock tralier. Glad they are making it. I hope that Rob Zombie makes the other one Werewolf Women of the SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Brilliant. I haven't read the book, but my dad saw it with me and said it was really close to the book (well, the first and part of the second anyway) but it was a top movie.

Edit: I read up on it, and it is the events of the first book only. So if they continue in this fashion, there will be 7 movies. Doable though if it makes enough money. And I hope it does. I would love to see the others done.
    Last edited by 1AZRAEL1; 26th August 2010 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Brilliant. I haven't read the book, but my dad saw it with me and said it was really close to the book (well, the first and part of the second anyway) but it was a top movie.
    Excellent. Can't wait
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Edit: I read up on it, and it is the events of the first book only. So if they continue in this fashion, there will be 7 movies. Doable though if it makes enough money. And I hope it does. I would love to see the others done.
    Thank jeebus (or whatever diety you prefer).

The tomorrow series are very well written (glad you read up so quickly!) all they had to do was more or less copy the book exactly and they would have half a dozen brilliant films, and a meh sixth book/movie that would be one very long truck chase...

Hopefully it makes a motza, we need an Aussie film to make lots of money that isn't too depressing or weird for mainstream audiences across the globe.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Jeebus will do

I read up about it on Wikipedia. My brother has the entire series, so I will have to borrow them and read them.

I await to hear the reaction of those who read the book to how well the movie was adapted. I will read the books when I get them. From the reception of the movie afterwards, I think it was pretty faithful to the book. And I thought I recognised a bit of the scenery, parts of it were filmed up in the Blue Mountains