Page 87 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6777828384858687888990919297107 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

Had some time today so I got a few new shots. First up is my newest acquisition, Figurarts Zero

White Rock Shooter, I normally dont move her too much, shes kinda fragile and cost a lot

Black Gold Saw

Black Rock Shooter Beast

~

Thanks for your compliments Hursti, it's always a nice feeling to receive such positive feedback.

I agree 100% with what you said about using other people's photos as inspiration - I do it all the time!! I love this thread. I love sharing my photos and I love seeing the photos others create. It's so much fun, especially when there are more people posting pictures.

Dkaris - I love the lighting in that first shot and I'm extremely jealous of your White Rock Shooter.

I wanted to take some photos of Lelouch with Izaya (for the lolz because they share the same English voice actor) today and as I was changing his arms, I noticed he shares a very similar pose as Strutting Leo aka Leonardo DiHapprio. So this happened. I don't even know. Haters gonna hate.

This is for those of you who might be interested in my set up when taking my photos. It's nothing fancy at all. Seriously.

My light source is a window. My figures sit on a chair with an IKEA shelf on top to create a flat surface for the figure to stand on. Behind that is usually either an A3 sheet of white cartridge paper that I blutac to the back of the chair and curve to create an infinity background or lately I'm using my iPad for backgrounds that aren't just plain white - photos, patterns etc. Lastly, there's my camera on my tripod that is older than I am (my dad actually bought this tripod before he even met my mother!) and then I either sit or kneel on the floor. And that's my set up! It's far for professional or expensive. But it works for me.

I'm contemplating making myself a DIY cardboard/tracing paper/desk lamp light box soon. I'll post pictures if and when I do.

Please excuse the decades of filth on the tripod I never noticed how beat up my SLR is either.
    Last edited by jena; 7th June 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    wow, pages and pages of eye candy.

Tabias Prime, while you may not think you have the skils of Deceptics and Jena (yet) your shot is still well composed and a very interesting subject to say the least.
    Thanks...I think it was just plain luck I got such a well composed photo considering I am using a 5 mega pixel camera from my old samsung mobile
    For some reason it seems to take great close ups. Iv'e taken some great photos of flowers but I don't think this is quit the right thread for it

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post

Please excuse the decades of filth on the tripod I never noticed how beat up my SLR is either.
    Its not filthy, is well used and loved...