Page 13 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I quite like the blue one actually

Are they difficult to model and transform?
    Buy one and find out

I've opened the box on my VF-25s but that's pretty much it.

Gamblor's a MIB collector - he opens the box, looks at the instructions and contents then puts it away.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I do build! It just takes a while
    Here's a work in progress.

As for the rest of it well...

Well i'm in Japan at the moment, so i've finally been able to open and play with my VF-1A! The wait was worth it - this is an immaculate looking toy. I really appreciate how well most everything locks into place solidly and with few gaps - only the arms in fighter mode, especially when holding the gun doesn't seem as secure as the rest.

It's almost too well engineered! The tightness of the connections at the front of the fighter mode made it pretty difficult to transform the first time. I'm also impressed with the Super & Strike parts and how they attach, very solidly, but without a whole lot of breakage fear.

I'm yet to apply some stickers; I'm sure it'll look even better once a select few are applied! There are some i will leave off since they seem to be placed along panel lines (which are impressively thin btw) and strangely the back fin hinges! I do wish the name of the pilot was tampo'd, since the sticker needs to go onto a small area, but i understand it would have to change for each recolour release...

Overall, i think i might still prefer the Masterpiece Starscream mould, if only because i prefer the shape of the robot mode. It's really impressive how realistic the VF is in fighter mode though - it could easily be mistaken for a real-life jet from some angles.

I saw some of the Bandai DX releases in Akihabara, and they all looked awesome - They'll have to wait till next time though!

Sorry if these questions were answered , i did look through but couldnt find them. I watched macross back in the day, and really enjoyed it. I was wondering if those Yamato 1/60 scale figures/models need to be painted? or do they come pre painted? My second question was is there any good online stores for these either AU or probably more US or japan(obviously hlj.) =]
    ~

The 1/60 VF 1A or the bigger one? just out of curiosity where did you buy it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Sorry if these questions were answered , i did look through but couldnt find them. I watched macross back in the day, and really enjoyed it. I was wondering if those Yamato 1/60 scale figures/models need to be painted? or do they come pre painted? My second question was is there any good online stores for these either AU or probably more US or japan(obviously hlj.) =]
    The Yamato 1/60 Valkyries are completed toys so they don't require paint. Direct from Japan is the best way to get them either HLJ or Overdrive toys on the net come to mind. They both often have sales to, so sometimes you can pick the less popular variants up cheaply.

From time to time local importers sell them to, but they typicaly add 50% to what you'd pay online.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 11th August 2009 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks for that. I may wait for the release of the VF-1J 1/60 Milia valkyrie. Apparently its due out in a few months =]
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    The 1/60 VF 1A or the bigger one? just out of curiosity where did you buy it from?
    1/60. I bought it when it came out from Amazon Japan late last year. In terms of local Japan availability, i did see some in Yodobashi Camera, a massive retailer in Akihabara. They even had some YF-21 and YF-19 original issues still in stock! That's why i'm confident ill be able to pick up a Bandai DX next time i visit, even if they're long past being reissued, which itself is also unlikely!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    That's why i'm confident ill be able to pick up a Bandai DX next time i visit, even if they're long past being reissued, which itself is also unlikely!
    The first releases have already been reissued tho. They were extremely popular (for some reason).

------------------------------------------------------

Bandai 1/60 Macross Frontier - DX: VF-25S Armored Messiah Valkyire (Ozma Ver)

1/60 VF-1J Hilkaru Ver with Super Parts Set

Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    The first releases have already been reissued tho. They were extremely popular (for some reason).
    Yup, Macross Frontier seems quite popular, good thing is that means more toys, at least I think that's a good thing.

I rather like the DX and they doo seem somewhat popular, so I'm trying to decide if I want that armoured Ozama or not, I already have 2 DX's so a 3rd one is pushing it a bit, but I worry It will sell out before I decide.

I wonder if they will ever release the armour alone for Alto.