Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

IIRC it's from the same mob who made Epic Movie, which is also horrifically bad. Can't believe I wasted my time/money watching Epic Movie in the cinema. I find when it comes to their movies, all the funny stuff is in the trailer (and maybe some excerpts you can find later on YouTube). None of their actual movies are worth watching in their entirety.

I've been expecting to see something TFs related in the many parody movies in the last 8 years, due to the Billion Dollar impact of the Live Action Movies to mainstream society... but this was the only one I've come across so far, and it wasn't funny at all.

I quite like the Simpsons parody where Marge tells the Transformers to put aside their differences and work together. Which is exactly what they do... and enslave humanity.

People may or may not remember (or have realised ) the transformers reference in the movie Spaceballs (80's ) Lord dark helmet wants to steal the air from planet Druidia and transforms his ship into a maid with a vacuum cleaner
    One of the good guys says "it's a transformer"..."No! It's Megamaid!"

Yep that's a classic reference to the 1980s Transformers (and one of my favourite movies)... I was just wondering if there has been any parody references to the live action movies (aside from Meet the Spartans), as I've seen other recent multi-movie series featured more significantly in parody movies. (for example, Xmen, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, Matrix, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    People may or may not remember (or have realised ) the transformers reference in the movie Spaceballs (80's ) Lord dark helmet wants to steal the air from planet Druidia and transforms his ship into a maid with a vacuum cleaner
    One of the good guys says "it's a transformer"..."No! It's Megamaid!"
    I watched Spaceballs yesterday (great movie!) - when Yoghurt is showing Lone Starr et al the "moichandise" shop, Spaceballs the coloring book is actually a TF coloring book with a pic of Optimus Prime on the front and Spaceballs the lunchbox is a TF lunchbox!

I just watched "I Know That Voice" on Netflix. It's a documentary about voice actors and includes Transformers voice actors Steve Blume, Nolan North, Jess Harnell, David Kaye Tara Strong and John DiMaggio. It's really great and features tons of voice actors from many shows from many decades. Well worth watching.

Apparently a whole episode of 'The Goldbergs' is going to be about the animated TF movie as the show is set in the 80's and about a kid. Ive never seen the show, is it any good?

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...episode/32001/

That reminds me, sometimes even the Doctor can't figure out how to transform an Optimus Prime toy

From the British show "The Politician's Husband". This Prime-era Optimus Prime appeared in all three episodes, although usually in the hands of this character's son.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Apparently a whole episode of 'The Goldbergs' is going to be about the animated TF movie as the show is set in the 80's and about a kid. Ive never seen the show, is it any good?

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...episode/32001/
    I quite like it, I don't watch it religiously but it has a lot of 80's references either in the script or on the screen that make it very enjoyable.
    I would really like to watch this episode but given the number of times this is repeated here and who knows how far behind the US we are, I'll probably get around to watching it sometime in the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That reminds me, sometimes even the Doctor can't figure out how to transform an Optimus Prime toy

From the British show "The Politician's Husband". This Prime-era Optimus Prime appeared in all three episodes, although usually in the hands of this character's son.
    That's pretty cool, from many respects.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)