Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: model building

nice. question tho, do you have to paint the engine and the hose's etc yourself or do they come pre-painted?

All the plastic parts need to be painted. Some kits have vinyl hoses and wiring for extra detail. I always try to add more detail with stuff like bolts, wires and clamps. I'm also using a detail up set which has photo etch, carpets and metal stickers.

that's awesome. i've only ever done 1 car model in my life(K.I.T.T) and it never came with vinyl parts. it was just a solid lump of black plastic.

various kit's i have been working on in the last 2 weeks. been sick and don't have anything to do and the great thing was my mate picked up most of them(there are still a few more that i haven't started) for $5 from the market, never opened and they still had the original price stickers(they were brought from TRU who haven't had these types of kits for years).

i've been a little quiet on the boards lately but i have been busy with other stuff and here are a few of the things i have been working on. i still can't get the hang of weathering tho. i have heaps of books and you guy's have given me tips but i just can't seem to get it right.

Wow that F16 camo looks really good. Don't worry about progress on your weathering. It's all about trial and error and learning from mistakes. I know I still make plenty of them.

More progress on my Murcielago. I wanted to use the LXZ wheels but the chrome was damaged so I went with the Wedsport wheels inside Pegasus sleeves. I had to grind down the rims a little to get it to fit. Interior is 99% done and the exterior just needs minor details to do and a light coat of clear to seal everything.

nice!! that'll look awesome once it's finished. here is something i've been working on for the last few weeks. it's still not finished, it's a fair way off but i thought i'd give people a sneak peek. it's a 1/72 SU-34 by tamiya and it's actually a big kit. it's the size of most 1/48 kits.

Wow just love the work in progress pic .....keep it up ...

The car and plan look smexy!

Enjoying these WIPs!

Wish I can get back into building more Gundams....but it will have to wait. No time right now.