Page 1 of 25 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else just not care anymore?

Default Does anyone else just not care anymore?

This might be a silly topic to post, especially because if you are here on this forum, you are obviously a Transfan. But ever since Dark of the Moon hit, I have really lost my passion for Transformers. Like, in every way, but mostly with collecting.

Even going into like a K-Mart or something, and heading into the toy section, it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Nothing even moves off the shelves either. I remember the rush of finding all the new waves of figures for ROTF, and they were always getting restocked, etc. But DOTM? Not even close! That's why I'm asking I guess, does anyone else feel the same? Has some of the spark gone?

Personally, I'm pretty sure I am done (I'll probably even sell most of my stuff), but does anyone else feel similar, to a degree?

Definitely NOT me. I jumped onto this forum and flung myself (together with my savings) into the bottomless abyss of TF collection right after DOTM.

That said, I'm done with the movie collection for sure. Now I'm all about classics.

Decepticon Guest

Funny enough, Ive been thinking about my loss of passion for TFs of late. I think its a temporary thing as Ive bought heaps of TFs in the past few months and just need a break. Plus I cant fit a single TF in my display cabinet now so the 300ish Autobots and Decepticons that are packed in like sardines in a can have no room to spread their bits

I think it's more to do with the fact that the DOTM toy line is just crap.
    I'm digging the FP Insecticons and TFC Hercules right now and nothing else lives up to that standard.

I think the whole generations line may have added to this, seeing as we had toys with a good aesthetic and brilliance on our shelves suddenly appear out of nowhere and now we're back to the bayformer junk.

It's not silly. People go through these sorts of phases very often. Sometimes they leave, sometimes they find a new passion.

The shelfwarming DOTM figures do make the toy hunt less interesting, which I think is partly responsible for the huge interest in the Kre-o toys.

Maybe think about waiting until the Prime figures or the next Generations type line appears and see if the spark comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    I think it's more to do with the fact that the DOTM toy line is just crap.
    I'm digging the FP Insecticons and TFC Hercules right now and nothing else lives up to that standard.

I think the whole generations line may have added to this, seeing as we had toys with a good aesthetic and brilliance on our shelves suddenly appear out of nowhere and now we're back to the bayformer junk.
    I think this is true. I really enjoyed DOTM but the toy line really sucked the enthusiasm out of me. I'm hoping when classics resurfaces under whatever name the flame will be reignited.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

aaah the case of Tf fan collection disillusion. Ive gone through such highs and lows myself over the years of collecting TFs - happened when Beast wars came out, happened when Armada was the prevalent line, happened when Ive completed G1 and it's happening now that DOTM ugly toys are the ones in the market. But with each hiatusesessess.... Ive learned ways of dealing with such disillusionment than sell off my collection (not that I have done that in the past), or stop collecting entirely. Ive also looked now on the positive side and focus on that, than dwell on feeling dejected.

Now, Ive looked at each stop in the TF collecting as like taking a breath after a plunge. Im not recommending these "techniques" if you will, just stating what I've put my mind into now...

Firstly, I welcome the break for my wallet , nuff said

Secondly, it's given me time to look at the figures Ive got closely and play with them more, discover each figure more and believe me, even after years of having these figures you find little gimmicks and parts you overlook the first times you got the figure and find such little quips very amusing rather... refreshing. It's like easter eggs Ive missed - e.g. for years now I didnt know that G1 swoop can extend it's forearms, Ive always, always, just pulled the arms out when transforming it in bot mode, and then just 3 days ago I saw a pic of it and noted the longer arms so I played with my Swoop and true enough he's got longer arms after all ....makes me appreciate more the figures Ive invested in

Thirdly, since Im feeling kinda low an sick about the current figures now (I think most of DOTM figs are butt ugly) so I concentrate instead on getting figures from other lines which Ive put off getting (G1 reissues - encore - backup figs mostly, minicons, e-hobby stuff) or other toylines altogether - e.g. DCUC - it does pay to have other toy collection or if Im really out of monies coz I tend to buy other stuff than toys (furniture and stuff for the house) I ...

Rearrange/clean the collection room/shelves which feeds #2 more and in a way gives me my excitement back about the line, Transformers in general, okay mostly G1s and the modern counterpart (Classicverse basically)... Ive taken some shots as well and post it in the picture taking related threads here and facebook.

So there it is... so to answer the question - yes, at the moment I just dont care anymore... for now. BUT, to completely not care about TF's nuh uh..... it's ok to loose the mojo to collect from time to time, keep em in the cabinet and it may take months or years but hey, it'll come back one way or another , be it just getting one figure out, or an entire shelf. Once a collector I say, always a collector Don't loose heart davieanix. just take this opportunity to relax and do other stuff
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Nah, I think Transformers are pretty cool. There's not a lot of stuff out on the shelves at the moment that interests me but that's not going to make me suddenly hate everything I already own.

I love Tramsformers. Always have and always will. So I do care. But the thrill of the hunt has gone. In recent years I've done more online shopping then store shopping and it has taken some of the fun out of it. With the decline in new stock arriving on the shelves getting worse over time I find it a waste of time to even go shopping.

I first lost the spark halfway through Cybertron. I didn't even look at what was on the shelves so when I came back to collecting it was a whole rediscovery. Also packing them all away in boxes then revisiting them some time later is another way to put the spark back into them.

I focus on the G1 reissues and Classics/Generations lines so I don't buy too many Transformers throughout the year. I just check occassionally online for the reissues and have a bit of fun when the new line of Classics/Generations comes out.

So for me, I go through lots of periods where Transformers is not at the top of my interest levels, but, they're always in the back of my mind and I know as soon as a new bunch of toys comes out my interest will be back up and I'll be checking out which new toys I'll get.

I've loved Transformers for the past 25 years and been re-collecting for the past 7 years so when the interest fades a bit I know it won't be too long before it's back again