I understand your thoughts, I've had a major decline in interest in TF over the past few months as well.

I think the central part is the lack of media behind the brand at the moment. The stores are currently filled with figures from a movie that only had (as all movies do) a short run in cinemas, and is yet to get a home release. The stores overbought (and it would seem hasbro AU over-imported) wave 1 figures in numbers that they could never have sold unless every child bought one of each figure!

For the past couple of years, we have had supplementry lines of figures and media to help support the main movie stuff, we've had Universe/Generations as well as Animated, which had an excellent television series that was actually aired in Australia. Right now there is Prime, which has not been seen on television screens in Australia yet, and a complete lack of any figures non-movie related (other than occassional restocks of generations). Kreo has helped a little to give us something aesthetically different (and not just from the movie designs!)

For a while, we also had a great little monthly comic release that really made some of the G1 and generations figures extra interesting, but of late the comic has returned to a core cast of already well known and released figures, so again interest from the media or story aspects of transformers is not being converted into toy sales.

In a way its good, it means I (and the general fandom) can focus on catching up with other older lines that pique our interest, or save or hard earned for future figures from lines we hope will interest us.