• Only if (something else)

1 3.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 3.70%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers Endgame SPOILER discussion thread

I did not like Endgame much at all. Like most series, their hands are tied with where they can take the film, and Infinity War did this brilliantly. But this time I did not enjoy either the plot, the pacing, or maybe both.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Another student told me about some whacky idea for an Easter Egg - the fact that Dr Pym's machine in the van was activated by a rodent is meant to symbolise how Disney "saved" Marvel (rodent = Mickey Mouse). I don't quite buy this but it did make me laugh.
    Except that Marvel didn't need saving. They had already put themselves in the black, released Iron Man and Incredible Hulk, with Iron Man 2 nearly completed.

As a side note, did the mouse actually activate the van, or did it happen to be there when Ant-Man came back? Because when talking to Tony, he does claim that he got himself back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I enjoyed it and it was a nice finish up to the series. One thing I've been thinking about though s this:

During the 5 years before they brought everyone back, they were (or cap was anyway) move on and get on with life. As I suspect everyone else was too.
    Just think about the poor bloke who moved on and re-married only for his wife to come back...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I still dont get how they got the spaceship through? A bit of lazy writing.
    I would have to re-watch, however I thought the whole ship was shrunk down with the stolen pym particles and was in Nebula's pocket or something?

My guess is that Thanos and his cronies managed to get an idea of how the time machine worked based on Nebula’s memories, and managed to reverse engineer the Pym particles they took from her, in order to transport the ship forward through time.

I loved both Endgame and Inifinity War for different reasons since they were obviously entirely different movies. Endgame had more emotive moments, I teared up numerous times. Whereas Infinity War was non-stop action and had the much better insight into Thanos as Trent mentioned.

Having seen Endgame twice now I have a feeling that Infinity War will prove more rewatchable for me personally since I'm usually looking for a good action movie to watch on a Friday night after a long week at work. I have a feeling the time travel concept in Endgame will end up losing its gimmicky appeal and I'll be impatiently waiting (or fast forwarding) to get to the 3rd act. Would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks about the rewatchability of these two films?

I always knew that Spider-Man Far From Home was going to take place after Endgame, but lots of people speculated that it was a prequel to Infinity War. The new Spider Man trailer proves that it is indeed after Endgame.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Having seen Endgame twice now I have a feeling that Infinity War will prove more rewatchable for me personally since I'm usually looking for a good action movie to watch on a Friday night after a long week at work. I have a feeling the time travel concept in Endgame will end up losing its gimmicky appeal and I'll be impatiently waiting (or fast forwarding) to get to the 3rd act. Would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks about the rewatchability of these two films?
    I've only re-watched Iron Man twice, Incredible Hulk twice, Iron Man 2, twice, GotG once.... and that's it.

Over all, Ii haven't really experienced the need to re-watch the Marvel MCU. Not sure if it's a, me getting older thing, or if it seems more like a TV show with so many instalments, where a re-watching in my mind feeling like a 22 movie mission?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I've only re-watched Iron Man twice, Incredible Hulk twice, Iron Man 2, twice, GotG once.... and that's it.

Over all, Ii haven't really experienced the need to re-watch the Marvel MCU. Not sure if it's a, me getting older thing, or if it seems more like a TV show with so many instalments, where a re-watching in my mind feeling like a 22 movie mission?
    Oh my son and I rewatch a lot of the Marvel movies, we have them all on Blu-ray. Guess it's something kids do and it's nice to watch them together. I remember as a kid recording movies off the TV and watching them over and over. Terminator 2, Aliens, White Men Can't Jump etc.

I'd say the most rewatchable for us in the MCU in no particular order are Infinity War, Thor Ragnorak, Civil War, Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (he is going to watch the 1st one this weekend with me for the first time so I'd say this will be added).

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Oh my son and I rewatch a lot of the Marvel movies, we have them all on Blu-ray. Guess it's something kids do and it's nice to watch them together.
    *on screen high five*
    I do the same with my daughter. She's actually watched Infinity War many more times than I have!

Her ardent wish is for Marvel and DC characters to team up.

Great movie, not a five star one but easily a solid four. It set out what it needed to do in a great way, slow pacing at times gave certain situations the gravitas they deserved.
    I love that Scarlet Witch got to showcase her power albeit towards the end, I think Hemsworth stole the show and the ending to Stark was so well done, to be honest I didn't expect it and it made it all the more I'm not crying you're crying.

I wont go watch it again due to its run time but will definitely get it on BR and enjoy it properly in the comfort of my own home with close proximity to tissues and toilet.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Lots and lots of tributes to Tony Stark popping up on YouTube lately. Most notable is the one featuring Queen's The Show Must Go On and the one with Daft Punk's Robot Rock (that awesome tune from the Iron Man vs War Machine scene of Iron Man 2.....love it).