• Only if (something else)

1 3.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 3.70%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Avengers Endgame SPOILER discussion thread

Since the infinity stones had to be returned so that the original timeline isn't affected, how is Thanos able to go thru both timelines?

Where is Loki now since he escaped? Did he really escape whether or not the tesseract was stolen?

It's kind of HP/Hermione going back in time and seeing themselves and that their future selves are really supposed to be there.
    Last edited by jazzcomp; 9th May 2019 at 08:36 AM.

Theres now a new time line where thanos leaves through a time tunnel and never returns so events do not unfold from that point on.

How does Cap. A travel back to this time line?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Where is Loki now since he escaped? Did he really escape whether or not the tesseract was stolen?
    One theory I've heard is that future movies might reveal this. It's essentially rebooted Loki's timeline allowing him to potentially appear in Phase IV movies, and this time he's still a complete bad guy. The heroic Loki who was killed by Thanos remains dead. It allows the story to have Loki back as a villain without undoing the incredible character development done with Loki Prime.

Cap.A went back in time and stopped loki from escaping while returning the stones. If he escapes it starts a new time line.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Theres now a new time line where thanos leaves through a time tunnel and never returns so events do not unfold from that point on.

If events do not unfold as he died leaving thru the time tunnel, then he never collected the stones in the original timeline.

Cap didn't travel back. He just let time pass and live from the 1950's (or whichever decade) and that's why he's old now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One theory I've heard is that future movies might reveal this. It's essentially rebooted Loki's timeline allowing him to potentially appear in Phase IV movies, and this time he's still a complete bad guy. The heroic Loki who was killed by Thanos remains dead. It allows the story to have Loki back as a villain without undoing the incredible character development done with Loki Prime.
    Just puts a wrench in the whole timeline as two tesseracts now exist at the same time. One with Loki and one that was returned.

Cap.A went back in time and stopped loki from escaping while returning the stones. If he escapes it starts a new time line.
    Starts a new timeline and changes the timeline where he was returned to Asgard and was killed by Thanos later on.

So basically, they messed up the timeline even if they returned the stones and the effects/changes to the new timeline is unknown.

Really funny references to all the time travel movies but doesn't really explain how their time travel logic works as it may also affect them.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Oh my son and I rewatch a lot of the Marvel movies, we have them all on Blu-ray. Guess it's something kids do and it's nice to watch them together. I remember as a kid recording movies off the TV and watching them over and over. Terminator 2, Aliens, White Men Can't Jump etc.
    Yeah, that's why I said it must be an age thing, when I was younger I'd re-watch everything. Now a bit older and no kids of my own, time is harder to come by and when I have it, I want to spend it on other things.

Yup and that timeline is screwed. Without a Gamora in that timeline, Ego the living planet should be successful in basically performing genocide on the whole universe.

Cap didn't travel back. He just let time pass and live from the 1950's (or whichever decade) and that's why he's old now.
    He can't just live through to where they are now. That's not how "time travel" works in these movies. Unfortunately it was a bit of a goof.

The Directors in an interview have said that Cap used the watch to travel back at some point later in life from his alternate timeline. This all conveniently happened off screen.

Just puts a wrench in the whole timeline as two tesseracts now exist at the same time. One with Loki and one that was returned.
    Nope, still one Tesseract and Loki has it. The one that was returned was returned earlier on in that same timeline.

So basically, they messed up the timeline even if they returned the stones and the effects/changes to the new timeline is unknown.

Really funny references to all the time travel movies but doesn't really explain how their time travel logic works as it may also affect them.
    Yeah, sure is messed up :P

Also, an annoying thing to think about is - Nice of Cap to return the stones to their original spots... but he only took the stones back. How exactly is putting them back going to work?
    The tesseract was crushed leaving only the stone inside, the staff with the mind stone was left behind, the orb for the power stone is also missing and the reality stone should be umm, liquefied and injected back into Jane Foster somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    He can't just live through to where they are now. That's not how "time travel" works in these movies. Unfortunately it was a bit of a goof.

The Directors in an interview have said that Cap used the watch to travel back at some point later in life from his alternate timeline. This all conveniently happened off screen.
    Saw another reply that he time travelled to this time to give the shield. Anything's possible.

Nope, still one Tesseract and Loki has it. The one that was returned was returned earlier on in that same timeline.
    Ok. My mistake. I forgot about going back further since they lost it to Loki.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I enjoyed the movie despite plot holes.

Nabula actually felt like one of the main heroes she changed to a better character.

I for one actually didn’t feel iron man needed to snap his fingers. Scarlet witch and marvel could definitely take Thanos down for good. You could use a few stones and especially you have time stone, play it the way you want.

The female moment should not have happened, wasn’t needed and should be a mix team effort.

Makes you wonder if Loki is actually dead also.

You all realise that there a major plot holes with every conceivable time travel story ever told right? Terminator was no less garbage in that regard.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain