Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TFAn Review Ep7 (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Doubledealer was more of double-agent/spy rather than a mercenary. Doubledealer has always been portrayed as being aligned with the Decepticons.

Lockdown is more like Sixshot in The Headmasters who was portrayed as an unaligned Transformer (notice how his animation model sports NO faction insignia in any of his modes) who was merely a mercenary hired by the Decepticons. But he certainly had no fixed allegiance with the Decepticons.

What makes Lockdown unique in Transformers lore is that unlike any other bounty hunter/merc in TF, he's also a personal trophy hunter. All other TF mercenaries (Sixshot, Devcon, Death's Head etc) have been "professional" bounty hunters - like Jango and Boba Fett in Star Wars. They get a job, they do the job. Okay, Death's Head got a bit personal/nasty if people interfered with his job (he would hunt others down for revenge if they thwarted him from claiming his quarry) but he was never one to kill others to take trophies. Lord Chumley collected trophies - but he was a game hunter, not a bounty hunter (it's not as if anyone ever commissioned or hired him to kill Optimus Prime).

So having this character as a prize-collecting mercenary does make him quite unique in Transformers lore.
    That was pretty interesting info there, Gok. Never thought about it that way (game/bounty hunter distinction.). Guess I didn't know my Double dealer bio as well as I thought I did.

So having this character as a prize-collecting mercenary does make him quite unique in Transformers lore.
    Lockdown earns points with me for that and is so far the best 'guest' character in the series.
    ________
    Vapormatic
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:06 PM.