Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunstreaker COSPLAY help.

yukitora Guest

Default Sunstreaker COSPLAY help.

hi guys.

i'm halfway through a Sunstreaker Cosplay but there are a few things i need help on, here are just a few i'd like opinions about. My costume is mesh, not box, and it used to be transformable until some screw-ups with the feet. (who the hell has feet that turn into legs that turn into the front of a car. the little shit.) and i'm trying to do G1 Sunstreaker, because - silly me - throught it would be easier!

1) Where do the back wheels on sunstreaker sit when he is standing up? are they at the front or back?

2) where do i find wheels? like saucer sized?

3) what do i make his face out of if i intend to breath while in costume?!

4) has anyone go a pic of the back of Sunstreaker? Is guessing allowed in Cosplay for things you can't see? i dont know where the engine goes.

will add pics when mesh is covered in something yellow, and not yoga mat.
    Last edited by yukitora; 30th July 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yukitora
    1) Where do the back wheels on sunstreaker sit when he is standing up? are they at the front or back?
    Front.

2) where do i find wheels? like saucer sized?
    Try junker infants' tricycles/bikes etc.

Paper maché

4) has anyone go a pic of the back of Sunstreaker? Is guessing allowed in Cosplay for things you can't see? i dont know where the engine goes.
    ...why did you pick a character for which you don't have the toy of (or at least have access to copious reference pics) if you wanted to go for this level of accuracy?? There's not much to Sunstreaker's back, it's just a black panel. The important thing to remember for the back would be the supercharger and spoiler.

Good luck - can't wait to see pics! So which event will you be attending with this costume? Next month's TF con in Sydney mayhaps?

number 2
    bunnings warehouse

i did a mysterio costume once and his head is fully covered (pretty much a fishbowl) and all i used was some thin material over the of the head feature and that seem to work fine

yukitora Guest

Default yay feedback when you need it most!

"GOKI" (powerglide owner!) i got references, but they're all different and i really don't know what one i should go by. wheels at back, wheels on side ect ect. i want tf fans to be happy, not ring me up and say 'dickhead the wheels go on his ears!' or something. get me!? I was going fine until one day I relised 'and when i lie down, my foot turns into my leg, and the front half of the car... where are my thighs going?' Convention? what convention? how do i get 3 cubic meters of bot on a plane. and there are no convention in townsville, because we suck. i'll tell you when i finished it and you can come see it in person!

Thankyou "Blackie" something i can work with. I get lost in bunnings... Its like the parts section from a transformer chop shop... (heeehehehehhhh.
    you can pimp out a transformer with bath! sunstreaker can have a bath in the back!)

"Loophole", what is a mystero? i was born during the age of SEGA so anything eairler is beyond me! Did you happen to look like a robber with a stocking on your head?

thanks for your ideas. it's going to be a bit shitty cause i'm having trouble covering mesh, yoga mat and cardboard. and you can see everything through the yellow material sad. so sad. but keep ideas coming, i will add pics to this thread of progress if you want, or just start a new one what ever works.

i want tf fans to be happy, not ring me up and say 'dickhead the wheels go on his ears!' or something. get me!?
    If you were in Japan, or a member of the SCA (or some similar medieval/Renaissance recreational society) - where people nitpick you if your costume is off by a stitch (and I've seen this happen), then yeah, sure. But non-Japanese cosplayers are far more forgiving. Australian cosplayers aren't as hardcore as the Japanese or French.

Convention? what convention? how do i get 3 cubic meters of bot on a plane.
    WWGD - What Would Griffin Do? He'd hire a truck and drive it down, just like he did when he transported his entire 2000+ figure TF collection from Brisbane to Sydney for OzToyCon 2006! <cheek>

and there are no convention in townsville, because we suck.
    Hahaha, that's what Jhiaxus always says too.

i'll tell you when i finished it and you can come see it in person!
    Post photos in the meantime. Can't wait to see it! (^_^) Woo! We need more TF cosplayers!!

"Loophole", what is a mystero?
    Mysterio is one of Spiderman's enemies.

yukitora Guest

I'm doing the chest now. and have yet to find something yellow to coven it all in. ideas welcome.

keep up the good work emma!

yukitora Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    AND you decided to post this now...

..HE'S GOT FRACKIN' WHEELS!