Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: would you trade your tf for money?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    For a million I would due to longer term gains (including my collection back).

It would allow me to own a property without the pain of a mortgage and therefore money that once went into rent can go straight into Transformers and that's how I get my collection back.

If I may ask, how did this question come along?
    somebody offered me 2 grand for my collection and i said no... lol i just thought id put the 1 million to make it interesting cos if i say two grand people would say no to it because of sentimental reason or the money is not enough... etc. so its more intersting how would people react to 1 million thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics View Post
    somebody offered me 2 grand for my collection and i said no... lol i just thought id put the 1 million to make it interesting cos if i say two grand people would say no to it because of sentimental reason or the money is not enough... etc. so its more intersting how would people react to 1 million thats all
    2 grand is a certain NO. I wouldn't even let it go for $20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    2 grand is a certain NO. I wouldn't even let it go for $20,000.
    lol... see what i mean! but then comapring your collection to mine? your is probably waaaaaaaaay much much more than $2000

It would have to be one of those situations where I have to sell them.
    If today someone offered me money for them I'd say no
    But if I needed the money for some reason, then yeah I'd go find that guy who is offering me $1mil for them
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

for one mill, yes, then ebay here i come :P

If they offered me "more than it's worth" then of course I would.

I'd do horrible disgusting things for $1 million, including selling my TF's.

Would I sell for an amount just above their value? Nope.

Would I sell in a time of financial crisis? Yeah, but only if reverting to the uni student lifestyle of noodles, cold showers and candle light doesn't work out.
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    I'd do horrible disgusting things for $1 million, including selling my TF's.

Would I sell for an amount just above their value? Nope.

Would I sell in a time of financial crisis? Yeah, but only if reverting to the uni student lifestyle of noodles, cold showers and candle light doesn't work out.
    Haha I'm the same, I will eat 2 min noodles every night before I sell my figures
    I remember saying that if my favourite band every reformed and played at Wacken in Germany, I would sell my collection to go over there and see them. Sad thing is, it happened and I didn't follow through with it, I just couldn't. Good because they actually came out here last year anyway and even got to meet them

(btw, you a metalhead I take it?)

The "would you do it for $1 million" is a silly question. That's like saying, "would you eat your own crap for $1 million?" But otherwise I agree w/ what Sofaman said.

Itadakimaaaaaasu!

If someone came with the right offer I would sell my entire MIB collection without a second of hesitation. Though I would just put it straight back into AFAs, the MIBs have sadly become an unnecessary surplus.