Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: would you trade your tf for money?

Obviously any sensible human being would if it meant they could all be bought back while still maintaining a decent profit.

The infinitely more interesting question is: Would you sell your Transformers collection for 1 million dollars with the previso that you can't buy them back?

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    For a million AUD?? yes
    too many hours scouring ebay, ninja bidding in the last 10 seconds at 3 in the morning, paying all the postage, putting up with crappy ebay sellers, filing claims with paypal, putting up with all the BS from wheeljackslab....hell no... i aint never doing that again. My time and health is worth a lot lot more nowadays than double of my collection...

Plus some of the stuff i have just arent even available for purchase again even if i had more than double the cash to pay for it...
    What he said.

Not sure what price I would ask for (I think almost anyone would sell for $1milllion), but it would have to be a lot to cover the effort.

Some of the G1 toys include Bumblejumper, 2 mint Swoops, 2 Fort Max (one with box), MIB Prime etc...

As well as the toys, I have a large collection of original G1 tech specs, instructions, robot points, flyers, posters, stickers, cards, comics (including the US and UK #1's), backing cards, board games, puzzles, the C64 game, the Japanese NES game, read along audio tape, a read along record, original 1986 movie soundtrack CD, books, pens, watch, an animation cel of Megatron(original, not a Rhino thing), Optimus AM radio, original VHS tapes and more.

If someone offered me a worthwhile amount to buy all of this, my next problem would be to find someone else selling a similar collection for less

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics View Post
    what if they offer a million bucks?
    In that case yes, you could buy all the TF again, in addition you could gain more!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer
    The infinitely more interesting question is: Would you sell your Transformers collection for 1 million dollars with the previso that you can't buy them back?
    Ahaha - the simultaneous gift wrapped in a curse!

"Take this doll, but beware; it carries a terrible curse."
    "Ooo, that's bad."
    "But it comes with a free serving of frozen yoghurt!"
    "That's good!"
    "The frozen yoghurt is also cursed."
    "That's bad."
    "But it comes with your choice of toppings!"
    "That's good!"
    "The toppings contain potassium benzoate."
    "...?"
    "That's bad."
    "Can I go now?"

- The Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror III)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics View Post
    what if they offer a million bucks?
    No. I would only do it for a magic pony. A flying one.

Which, by the way, is about a plausible as any of us being offered a million bucks for our collections.

But if anyone offered me reasonable market value for my entire collection, I would say no.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, of course I'd sell em for a million...

I'm not really that attached to them in a sentimental way... which is partly the reason why I love Encores so much... I mainly collect G1 now, but it doesn't have to be original 1984/5/6 figures... I'm happy with my brand new shiny Encores thanks.

In fact, I've lost a lot of passion for collecting newer lines... I've got heaps of Armada, Energon, Titanium, TF1, ROTF and Animated but I've recently taken most of them off display and put them in storage... I'd probably sell them all for market value as I've really lost interest. My G1, MP & Classics/Henkei figures on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    So is that the million dollar question?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Just the ones you have or no more TFs period?
    Definitely as long as I could keep/reacquire Predaking and TM2 Megatron, otherwise...I hate to say it but probably still yes. Invest it well and you wouldn't be too far off not having to work again, if you could get it up to a sustainable income for Australia and move to say, Kerala (I have a thing for Indian women, lush jungles, and tropical beaches), you could live in luxury without having to lift a finger.
    Alternately, I'd get a house with my best friend (who's a fellow TF fan), and it could be his collection which just happened to be accessible to me as well...

if that happened my girlfriend would start to collect tfs :P

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    if that happened my girlfriend would start to collect tfs :P
    Then you could start giving them silly names.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|