Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

By accurate, I mean mostly paint wise, and the fact that MP Primal transforms almost completely identical to the show.

Also, I don't own many BW figures anyway, and Cheetor will be the only I'll double up on so far. Never ended up with Primal before. The new ones fit in well with what I have and that's all that counts to me

I was in second grade when Beast Wars came out. I still remember the day my Aunty agreed to buy me a Deluxe as an early birthday present. We called around all the stores in the area and finally managed to find my fist fig, Cheetor, in stock at Mr Toys Springwood. In the car on the way home I transformed him over and over again and I definitely loved that toy, but I will never forget the momentary pang of disappointment I felt when his Cheetah legs wouldn't fold crossed over his back. A disappointment I later felt over hundreds of hours of playtime with Primal and his ridiculous canon flaps, Terrorsaur with his purple head and unfold-able wings and Dinobot with well, everything.

This was my first experience with toys that were dissimilar from their TV appearances; Power Rangers were simple action figures so they barely deviated and G2 figures weren't really representations of the characters I saw on TV so I never really made the connection. To 7 year old me, there was no gauge of how accurate or inaccurate they were, just a series of toys that I loved but missed the mark.

I'm just grateful that 2 decades later, I can finally experience toys that do what I could only dream of, and I'm sure you G1 kids feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I'm just grateful that 2 decades later, I can finally experience toys that do what I could only dream of, and I'm sure you G1 kids feel the same way.
    Agreed.
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

A small teaser of a grey prototype Dinobot...
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/10/24/t...e-image-352609

Ugh. Bring me more photos dammit. I want this guy already

Agreed... hurry up and get in my collection

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Hmm, interesting that they've sculpted the scales this time? Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm liking it, but I was hoping for some colour pics, I sure hope were's not going to have wait too long for more MP Beast Wars.

I was beginning to think Dinobot was canceled, guess it's not.