View Poll Results: GEN FOC Grimlock - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 39.29%
  • Only if...

9 32.14%
  • No

7 25.00%
  • Not even interested

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Grimlock

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    I'm a little underwhelmed with this version of Grimlock. Why can we not get a good modern remake of this character? Classics? ...good alt, poor robot. Animated? ...not bad, but missing a dinosaur chest. FOC? ...good robot, but missing half the T-Rex.
    Masterpiece Grimlock is pretty decent, although with an overpriced RRP IMHO ($150 was a bit rich I thought...) But yeah, I'm not impressed by the photos of this Grimlock, coupled with what I'm hearing here I'll wait for a local release... hopefully if I can find it on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Masterpiece Grimlock is pretty decent, although with an overpriced RRP IMHO ($150 was a bit rich I thought...) But yeah, I'm not impressed by the photos of this Grimlock, coupled with what I'm hearing here I'll wait for a local release... hopefully if I can find it on sale.
    Indeed, MP Grimlock is one of my grails. That is a good classics. This is more of a representation that you can relate to the game and put it with others (and play with, of course), rather than a classics sort of figure. Still good in my eyes, as I LOVE Grimlock.
    I might wait for a local release like you Gok, but my lust for Grimlock says different.

Might skip it entirely from the impression I'm getting. Shame as I was looking forward to this.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Judging by pics, it seems like another case of lazy design/Cost cutting.

I don't see why they couldn't have added some 'door' panels not unlike the G1/Classics toy to over that gap since the whole assembly just hangs from his back in robot mode.

Another 'Close but no cigar' figure. Too bad as it had a lot of potential.

I still like Grimlock as a character so I will wait to see what Tomy does and then judge the better version to get.

I just had to do it to him. FOC Grimlock meet gold paint.

And this is the before pic

Think that makes him look alot better.

That gold makes him look really good, VERT. Nice job. Are you going to do the crotch in metallic red, too? That's really good stuff mate.

Thanks. Not sure about the red. Is his crotch red in the game? Can't remember and its the game colors that are the boss with this. :-)

Yes, the crotch is quite a bright red. I didn't notice until I really looked.

Looks like I need to get some red paint

I'd say something metallic like the red on takara FOC Optimus. Suits him well. I honestly think you could sell some like that.