View Poll Results: Adventure Slug - worth getting?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Another Dinobot toy? Hells yeah!

2 28.57%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

4 57.14%
  • ME SLAG NO LIKE PURPLE SLUG TOY!

1 14.29%

Thread: Toy Review - TAV10 Slug

Default Toy Review - TAV10 Slug

Name - Slug
    Series – Adventure
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Animated Snarl
    Wave - 1
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price – 2700 Yen
    Approximate Size - 12cm
    Allegiance – Autobot
    Sub-Group - Dinobot
    Alt-mode – Triceratops
    Main Colours – Purple, Red, Black
    Main Accessories – None

A redeco of Animated Snarl for the new Adventure line out of Japan, Slug has been portrayed here sporting the colour scheme from the Slug toy from Age of Extinction rather than a G1 colouring or the on-screen AoE Slug colouring, but that may have been to distance the figure from Animated Snarl who definetly sported G1 colours.

Dinosaur Mode
    Stocky and strong, the head and mouth are adjustable, as are the legs though not really through the knees. Tail not maneuverable. A very good looking Triceratops toy though.

Robot Mode
    Like the dinosaur mode, stocky and strong. For me with this mould the Triceratops head sits a bit too far forward on the main body and would have benefitted from a slight retool so it could sit flatter and more flush with the main body. Also he does not come with the club that Animated Snarl bore, which I thought was a good weapon for the type of robot he looks like. Still quite good overall though.

Transformation
    Not particularly hard or taxing but enough there to keep you interested If you own Animated Snarl nothing has changed.

Overall
    Well this should finally hush some of the purists who had a problem with this toy being called Snarl in Animated (the toy of which I have shamelessly referenced in this review ). Personally I rationalized it that with the tail fins over the shoulders and the tri-shaped head that he looked more like Snarl than Slag in robot mode and since the likes of Bumblebee can be different cars in different continuities there was no reason Snarl could not be different dinosaurs in different continuities. But here is the toy again and this time named Slug (Sniff – still not Slag ) so that should make some folk happy. Personally when I set up all my multiverse Dinobots together I’ll have Animated Snarl in robot mode and Adventure Slag in Dinosaur mode. A figure worth picking up if you can

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Also he does not come with the club that Animated Snarl bore, which I thought was a good weapon for the type of robot he looks like.
    really? that's a bit of poor form then, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The other TAVs are missing it too. Swoop is missing his.
    I've got TAV Ultra Magnus and he comes with his hammer, all done up fancy to look like the Forge of Solus Prime hammer that came with the Thrilling 30 Magnus. But yeah, the other TAVs I got are missing thier weapons as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The other TAVs are missing it too. Swoop is missing his.

Although, I did see Animated Snarl's more as an over sized twistie than a club...
    WHAT!?!?!? No weapons!?!? That's ridiculous

The Animated Snarl wins out thanks to the inclusion of a weapon and the G1 colors. I just can't see how purple works, whether it's this Slug or the one from AOE.