Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: More Than Meets The Eye season 2: #28 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by MissDaria View Post
    But Getaway...is anyone else finding him proper creepy? I mean, I really doubt Cyclonus slags Tailgate off behind his back. No matter how he feels, he's hardly a big social chatter. Getaway feels weird and manipulative. That a comic can make me feel uncomfortable like this is an illustration of James Roberts' writing ability, I'd say.
    Interesting point. That conversation was definitely planting the seeds of some future happening, but I can't guess what yet.
    You're right though, it does seem unlikely Cyclonus would discuss that kind of thing with other crew members.

Just read 39 and 40:

39 - Interesting to see another comic with the DJD - and another one of the few comics I've ever read to not have an Autobot in it. I thought that they would have focused a bit more on Tarns snese of betrayl about his hero, Megatron switching sides. Even though it showed him in an aborted suicide attempt, I felt he rationalized the whole situation a bit too fast. That said, it was quite an interesting comic, especially with the introduction of a Warworld and I had a bit of a laugh at Tarn making his band of killers do performane reviews.

40 - One of the few MTMTE issues that didn't do a lot for me. Really just set up a bunch of seeminly small story plots that may evolve later on.

Reading #41. Really want someone to reign Roberts in a bit. There's a reference in there I'm just not overly keen on. I know it's a small thing but something is really not sitting right ever since, I dunno, that issue after "Remain in Light" (and even parts of Remain in Light) have sort of steered the book on a direction of Joss Whedon-y eye-rollercoaster.

It's a mystery! And another mystery and another!

Going to miss First Aid on the Lost Light, I was a bit confused when I saw Mirage but that just means this arc happens before the Combiner Wars begin.

Art is gorgeous, new bots are beautifully designed. This issue is a bit sillier than most but not a page is wasted, even the dancing stuff will pay off.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I had to contain myself from laughing out loud during the dance off (as my daughter had just fallen asleep), but I was rofling on the inside. The only thing that bugs me w/ this issue is how Nightbeat and Getaway had to run long distance to the point that Getaway literally puffed out. Did they forget that they can transform into cars? Otherwise a great ish, and really loving the mystery. Can't wait to read the next issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Reading #41. Really want someone to reign Roberts in a bit. There's a reference in there I'm just not overly keen on. I know it's a small thing but something is really not sitting right ever since, I dunno, that issue after "Remain in Light" (and even parts of Remain in Light) have sort of steered the book on a direction of Joss Whedon-y eye-rollercoaster.
    Please elaborate? This is a James Roberts comic, references are hardly thin on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I didn't like the writing in this issue, I know it's supposed to be silly but I don't think it was handled well. McCarthy could have done a better job.

Idk, it's probably just the dialogue being ridiculous and grating, and characters I never found annoying before are really irritating because of it. I guess I'll be cheering when Roberts kills off more of the crew though, haha.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Going to miss First Aid on the Lost Light, I was a bit confused when I saw Mirage but that just means this arc happens before the Combiner Wars begin
    Or Combiner Wars takes place between the last issue and the latest (just like the current Drift series does). Nothing to say Mirage and the Protectobots can't come back to the Lost Light afterwards. Four of them are hanging out together in this issue after all.

I didn't mind part one, but didn't like part two. Felt a little bit silly - or maybe repetitive. They've done the horror threat before and better, and the nature and resolution this time feels like it was set up around a single joke. The new relationships were also so much a "tell" not "show". I think this story is a bit of a misfire but I also have high expectations for this book.