View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Breakdown - worth buying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 78.57%
  • Only if...

2 14.29%
  • No

0 0%
  • I'm not interested

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Breakdown (combiner)

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Breakdown (combiner)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here if you prefer.

BREAKDOWN
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - not yet (out in Asia & America Feb/Mar 2015)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Cream, blue, red
    Main Accessories - sword/gun, combiner fist/foot

My least favourite of the wave, but still a pretty decent release.

Pros: Combiner hand/foot piece integrates really nicely in vehicle mode, Sunstreaker style.
    Articulated feet.
    Best weapon of the Stunticons
    Chest piece covers combiner port in bot mode and head in limb/vehicle mode.

Cons: vehicle less "sleek" than other Stunticons
    Weird hip joint makes posing a little odd
    Clunky when used as an arm.

Summary: Whilemmy least favourite of the wave, still worth it, and definitely worth it for Menasor

Here's my review of the new Breakdown. Hope you can check it out

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Breakdown - YouTube

Overall another decent addition to the line.

Here's my review for Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown. Let me know what you think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mmWjXtNXr8o

Breakdown is a bit meh for me... I love the way the hand/foot can be stored in vehicle and in robot mode.
    The colour scheme doesn't do it for me; all the white makes it look almost like a knock-off, as it's a kinda off white.
    Not bad though! Really like the weapon!

Breakdown was my 9th ever TF figure and my first ever combiner figure so I've always had a soft spot for the little psychotic paranoid .

I quite liked the TFSS Breakdown who would have been enough for me to serve as a Generations version. I'd been hoping for a WFC version, but still happy to have the character turn up for the combiner wars.

His robot mode is quite good, as is his vehicle mode - both very true to the G1 toy/cartoon character. In that regard he is spot on. The headlights on the vehicle mode are an interesting touch. Decent paintjob in both modes as well.

I had a great deal of trouble with what should have been a very simple transformation. I was trying to fold his lower legs up for his vehicle mode and they simply would not go. So I watched youtube and the people there were doing it the same way I was trying. In the end I bit the bullet and forced it and they went, just turned out the joints were incredibly stiff. They are fine now, but for a moment there I was sure I was gonna snap him .

Overall he is a good character, for my money no better or worse than any of the other combiner wars limb toys that are coming out, and definetly worth getting so you can make Menasor

Oh and I will add I was disappointed with the comic. Besides the front cover and the blurb inside the back one it had nothing to do with Breakdown (who didn't appear in the story) or the Combiner Wars. I much prefer the little cards you got with a lot of the wave 1 toys. If they want to include comics they should be more relevant.

with most of the comic pack ins, except for the spotlight series (first 2-3 waves?) the characters in the packet have little to nothing to do with the comic, but as a whole, the comics add up to the story that builds up to the Combiner Wars

Eh, I honestly don't care about the pack-in comics either way, as I always already have the issue in its original printed form. They're a good way to introduce collectors to the IDW comics if they aren't already collecting it, but as someone who's been collecting them since the beginning, they don't really add anything for me. The only one that interests me is the one that came Trailcutter, simply because of the changes that they made. Not sure if any others have had similar changes made.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

I had a great deal of trouble with what should have been a very simple transformation. I was trying to fold his lower legs up for his vehicle mode and they simply would not go. So I watched youtube and the people there were doing it the same way I was trying. In the end I bit the bullet and forced it and they went, just turned out the joints were incredibly stiff. They are fine now, but for a moment there I was sure I was gonna snap him .
    I also had a nervous moment in regards to robot to vehicle but thankfully it turned out alright.