Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Toys FT-04 Scoria (Slag)

Yet another Interesting 3rd Party development, I wonder how well they will colour match with MP Grimlock.

Megatran Guest

Shipping weight of 1.05 lbs according to BBTS. It's a little light for its size isn't it? Based on that, wouldn't appear to have much die cast. As a comparison, MP Grimlock is over 3 lbs shipping weight, again quoting BBTS.

You're right. His hood height is more accurate to his toy & cartoon appearances. Irrational fans? Never...

Thats a very nice looking rendition. I like the fact that they've included a light up energo sword, but no electron blaster?

Looks really cool, but I wish he'd have a little less molded detail and more of that flat, matte look that MPs have that really envokes the simplicity of the models.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looks really cool, but I wish he'd have a little less molded detail and more of that flat, matte look that MPs have that really envokes the simplicity of the models.
    To me it's just a as detailed as MP Grimlock and not much more than G1.

Looks dope, but I'm a bit hesitant about some of these 3rd party quasi-MP's as any eventual Takara offering would make them redundant (to me). I would speculate that we will eventually see a full set of official MP Dinobots, it just might take another 5 years or so.

He look so good ...i like to see his alt form as well... but looks like a buy from me already..!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    To me it's just a as detailed as MP Grimlock and not much more than G1.
    For me, I think it would be how well those details are presented with the colours. Would love to see the alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    For me, I think it would be how well those details are presented with the colours. Would love to see the alt mode.
    I see what you're saying man, I reckon FansToys are pretty-well on the ball though and will likely do their best to match up the colour scheme to the widest-released version of MP Grimlock as possible - Beast mode is going to look friggin' cool I reckon.

The third party companies are certainly hitting all the right buttons ATM

Wow that's inpressive and to hear its mp size excites me a lot; imagine when they get around to snarl. He will be soooo badass