Thread: Hi from Sydney

Smile Hi from Sydney

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time casual collector starting taking my collecting more seriously. I have often peeped at the boards, but after reading the thread about the parra meet i wanted to say hi and show support for a meet up anywhere around Sydney.

None of my friends are TF collectors so I'm looking forward to chatting with some fellow fans =)

Mabuhay and welcome to the forum!

Yeah the Parra Toyfair was a good central point for a meet up (usually after everyone had their fill from the fair) at the nearby Westpoint foodcourt which is stone throw away from the hall. Unfortunately with the recent events of the organizer, plus the fact that the hall area of Parra is under heavy facelift construction the fair was cancelled last time and were not sure of it's status if it'll come back/ is on hiatus/completely dead. As such, the regular (and newer members) are going to the various fairs available to us, in and around the Sydney west area in the hopes of finding a suitable regular replacement for the lost fair/ meet up. None so far has surpassed Parra fair in convenience for most of the members. We even have our usual (hijacked) long seat/table at the nearby foodcourt, perfect for the group to meet up and compare loot at chat/catch up. Alas, I fear these days are gone....;P.

We used to go to Sydney cbd years ago but it was a low attendance meet usually since there was no ongoing fairs to help attract a huge attendance. The motivation for attending was more of your strong desire to catch up with friends/co-collectors .. and there was no place to really just lounge around big enough to accommodate a large group ( a group of 6-8 at best). So we end up going from one geek place to the next , checking out the goods ( comics shops usually) and hope for the best we find a good seating in one of the foodcourts. Parra fair kinda solved that dilemma for us plus more in convenience - we still get to check out the geeky places and toyshops after in groups heheh.

There is actually one ongoing now - at Penrith Panthers - Collectamania something and a few members have committed to go. If this one works mebbe it'll pass for a new meet-up post fair as well. Depends.

There's also the upcoming Granville on the 17th of August. One which I intend to go to and check out. Which I think will be more convenient for us in the long run, we'll see.?

Anyways welcome again and hope to view a few piccies of your collection as well, we here love looking at collections , big or small , doesn't matter. Every collection is important, as long as it's a loved one.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.

Welcome mate!!

Nice to meet you champ!

Default Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone, thanks heaps for all the warm welcomes =)

Also, thanks for the extra info about the state of meet-ups. You can definitely count me for anything TF related anywhere around the Sydney area (work etc permitting).

I am away from home for a little while but as soon as I get back I will grab some pics of my collection so far to share. Currently it is mostly the last men standing from my childhood collection (my fell to the wrath of being played with!)

I look forward to getting to know you all,

Paul

Welcome to the boards fellow cybertronian.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!