Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Star Of Age Of Exinction Wants His Criminal Record Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Gaol? WTF is that?
    Gaol is statistically where people with low literacy rates end up.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I couldn't see where it says he hasn't tried to make amends with the victims or compensate them with his massive wealth (he owns one of the top 10 most expensive homes in LA), but if it's true, is he really redeeming himself, or worthy of a pardon.
    It's not in that particular article, but see here for more:

"And though the right thing to do would be to try to find the man and make amends, Wahlberg says, he admits he hasn't done so -- but says he's no longer burdened by guilt."

Even worse, I've read before that he lied about apologising in a court appearance at one point in order to get a more lenient sentence.

The sentencing memorandum is here.

It's unfortunate that it is a rather negative issue, and as noted, it is their legal system... so if he has already fulfilled their punishment requirements for the crime, and proves eligible for a pardon under their system, then maybe the system is flawed if most people don't agree with it. Alternatively, if most people agree with the system, then that's just democracy for you.

(I moved this to the discussion section, as it isn't Transformers news, just non-Transformers news pertaining to someone who was once involved in the franchise)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Wow, google says it's a way of spelling Jail from the 18th century. Get with the times people. It's jail.
    Replied here

i was reading somewhere that he does give some money to a charity or something.

I saw on TMZ that it could be so that he can become some sort of reservist community cop... or something to do with law enforcement, which requires no felony convictions.
    If true, that's better than just doing it to make money through business dealings. But he should still seek forgiveness from his victims and have them adequately compensated if he hasn't already.
    (or this police thing could just be an excuse to more easily get the pardon, and then go off to do the business stuff when he gets it)

what an arsehole

learned alot about Mark and loss all respect for him, just watch this vid, it says it all......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s

also 10+ assault charges and other felons , most of them probarly go under reported..
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's unfortunate that it is a rather negative issue, and as noted, it is their legal system... so if he has already fulfilled their punishment requirements for the crime, and proves eligible for a pardon under their system, then maybe the system is flawed if most people don't agree with it. Alternatively, if most people agree with the system, then that's just democracy for you.

(I moved this to the discussion section, as it isn't Transformers news, just non-Transformers news pertaining to someone who was once involved in the franchise)
    The problem is that he hasn't fulfilled the punishment requirements for the crime. He has served his prison sentence in full, yes, but punishment and rehabilitation go beyond that and into criminal records that remain for longer after a crime is committed. In this case, Marky Mark is asking to have that removed, which is special treatment that not everyone gets. With that in mind it's understandable why people are angry over this, as it's essentially a movie star asking for special treatment for no good reason other than, seemingly, money.

Now to be fair who of us can TRULY say that at some point in our youth we didn't permanently maim someone simply due to unfounded hatred towards their ethnic group? I still shudder when I remember what I did to a bunch of Swedish delegates at a conference because I was inebriated and had bought the previous week what turned out to be a very shoddy TV cabinet from Ikea. But to be fair I felt kinda bad about it afterwards and 40% of those guys were able to walk again within a year.

Glass houses people! Don't throw stones!

Disclaimer
    (What I am saying is a joke. Please treat it as such and realize it means no disrespect. In this case I've never actually hurt anyone and I have backpacked Sweden and had an awesome time. This is meant in jest)