Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Displaying MISB figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    It's a controversial approach, but I have found the best way to display my MISB toys is actually without the boxes. You have to be careful doing this, as the boxes are actually quite flimsy once you remove the figure inside. However, I have found through doing this that they actually look quite good once they are removed from the packaging. Even better, some of the figures have features like moving wheels or articulated limbs, and through careful fiddling, I've found that some of the toys actually transform! I've actually heard from some online sources that 99% of all Transformers toys have this feature, but obviously there's no way to verify that as you have to be so careful when messing with the toys. Anyway, once removed from the box I've found the figures take up significantly less room and often actually look better once I've had the chance to alter the poses and position them on my shelves. For obvious reasons, you should only do this in the temperature controlled wine cellar Thurmus mentioned above, but what toy collector these days would go without such a feature in their home?
    HUGE LOL You made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    It's a controversial approach, but I have found the best way to display my MISB toys is actually without the boxes. You have to be careful doing this, as the boxes are actually quite flimsy once you remove the figure inside. However, I have found through doing this that they actually look quite good once they are removed from the packaging. Even better, some of the figures have features like moving wheels or articulated limbs, and through careful fiddling, I've found that some of the toys actually transform! I've actually heard from some online sources that 99% of all Transformers toys have this feature, but obviously there's no way to verify that as you have to be so careful when messing with the toys. Anyway, once removed from the box I've found the figures take up significantly less room and often actually look better once I've had the chance to alter the poses and position them on my shelves. For obvious reasons, you should only do this in the temperature controlled wine cellar Thurmus mentioned above, but what toy collector these days would go without such a feature in their home?
    /thread
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust