Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can you stick to a budget? The 2015 Budget Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I can see where you're coming from with that example, who wouldn't want to upgrade that Optimus, but aren't you just watching the same movie anyway?
    Quality counts. :P

Seriously though, it was the worst cheap/easily accessible OP I could think of, and Blu-ray Disc kicks the absolute sh*t out of standard def.

Plus JB Hi-Fi have movies 1-3 on Blu-ray for only $39.19 right now (20% off).

Megatran Guest

I don't have a boo-zjay.

Anyone really on a budget knows the "cheapest" way to get a copy of the movie

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Why replace your Optimus Prime from Classics' The Ultimate Battle 2-pack with an MP-10? I mean, it's an Optimus Prime that transforms into a G1-style truck...

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

I can see where you're coming from with that example, who wouldn't want to upgrade that Optimus, but aren't you just watching the same movie anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Quality counts. :P

Seriously though, it was the worst cheap/easily accessible OP I could think of, and Blu-ray Disc kicks the absolute sh*t out of standard def.

Plus JB Hi-Fi have movies 1-3 on Blu-ray for only $39.19 right now (20% off).
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I don't have a boo-zjay.
    I must admit that I watched the original animated movie on blu ray for the first time a couple of months back and I saw details that I had never spotted before in the few thousand times i've watched the flick (such as Optimus having an Autobot symbol on his steering wheel in truck mode). That said, I never really watch the live action films that often. I'd like to have the first two on blu ray but I think the missus was put off by how many toys Ive bought of late, plus we just reorganized the study and there is a whole shelf on TF DVD/BluRays including this lot:

It may be the fact that I have 4 different versions of the animated movie that gave her pause (reglaur, UK edition, Special Edition & blu ray). So budget wise I think she thought I could forego more

And to think, in the old days all I had was a VHS copy that I taped off Agros Cartoon Connection one morning

Short answer no, I cannot stick to a budget. I try to balance commonsense with how much trouble I would get in with the missus if she found out how much I spent.

First spend of the year is in - nabbed Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition for Vita. Eagle eyed readers will note that this wasn't on my considering list

I realised the 2 $7 3DS games i want... i already bought an eShop card earmarked for those.... last year! So, hail to the king baby!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I must admit that I watched the original animated movie on blu ray for the first time a couple of months back and I saw details that I had never spotted before in the few thousand times i've watched the flick (such as Optimus having an Autobot symbol on his steering wheel in truck mode).
    I still wonder why so many people insist that DVD is good. Theres so much more detail in a Blu-ray, and it's not blurry. Every time I sell a DVD to someone at work I want to hit them over the head with it and say "go back and get the far superior Blu-ray".

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    First spend of the year is in - nabbed Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition for Vita. Eagle eyed readers will note that this wasn't on my considering list

I realised the 2 $7 3DS games i want... i already bought an eShop card earmarked for those.... last year! So, hail to the king baby!
    You didn't pay for Duke did you? It's free this month on PlayStation Plus, thats how I got my copy yesterday.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

No, but I need to. The dirt down each side of myself isn't going to concrete itself. Once I get paid this month I am going to form a budget and try and keep to it...until next pay day

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    You didn't pay for Duke did you? It's free this month on PlayStation Plus, thats how I got my copy yesterday.

Argg i know, i'm tempted every time i buy a game that's free on plus.... But i just hate subscriptions and the idea of not really owning stuff! When plus first came out i already had everything i wanted that was free too... One day maybe

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I must admit that I watched the original animated movie on blu ray for the first time a couple of months back and I saw details that I had never spotted before in the few thousand times i've watched the flick (such as Optimus having an Autobot symbol on his steering wheel in truck mode). That said, I never really watch the live action films that often. I'd like to have the first two on blu ray but I think the missus was put off by how many toys Ive bought of late, plus we just reorganized the study and there is a whole shelf on TF DVD/BluRays including this lot:

**snip**

It may be the fact that I have 4 different versions of the animated movie that gave her pause (reglaur, UK edition, Special Edition & blu ray). So budget wise I think she thought I could forego more

And to think, in the old days all I had was a VHS copy that I taped off Agros Cartoon Connection one morning
    Wow and I thought I was variation obsessed - 1st challenge to upcoming budget already - G1 Movie on BluRay - thanks Trev!