Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storage - What do you do?

Default Storage - What do you do?

This comes up as I realise "Wow, I'm running out of space... time for a bit of storage advice!"

I have got most of the Movie Line, a bunch of G1/G2/Beast Wars from my childhood, most of Cybertron and Animated/Classics so far. Now, I only have one shelf I can dedicate to the TF fandom, so I need to make sacrifices!

I've bagged every toy I don't wish to display at the moment in zip lock bags, but I'm wondering what I should do next. Boxes? How do I keep them from being destroyed against eachother.

Any suggestions will be taken into account .

I currently have 1180 Transformers and I display them all. The joys of having a dedicated room for my TF collection. (the video is 11 months old but you get the idea )

I live with my family in true poor uni student fashion. Probably got about 180 figs, and 1 shelf.

Would love a TF room but! :P

You were asking about storage right? Well, I have multiple stackable plastic storage boxes, about 10, holding my TFs, and I'm still forever running out of room whenever I buy a new TF. There would be some rubbing of figures if the boxes were shaken but sitting around they are alright. I keep meaning to go through and take batteries out of some of the recent toys that are sitting there unused (something else to consider with storage of the toys).

baggies, boxes and cupbaoards thats the way to go

Yeah I didn't think of batteries. Most of my electronic based toys are on display, but I had better check through, thanks Paulbot.

Sounds like what I had in mind (boxes and baggies) is the way to go. oh how i dream of more tf room.

My parents are gonna get me some shelves for my birthday next month, so until then the TFs are clogging up my entertainment room.

Um I dont "store" my TFs as I too have a dedicated room for them. But I can suggest that since youve got them ziplocked individually ( good way to keep the dust off as well) try to get some stackable plastic boxes. these are available in various sizes ( depending on how many liters you like) as these wont get squished when stacked together and offer better protection for your TFs while in storage than Cardboard boxes will ever give. They come in various shapes as well - flat ( for under the bed storage) slim for sides of cabinets, or just plain bulky for whatever but at least they're stackable saves space, durable and offers good protection. if you wanna keep your Tfs from tumbling around in the boxes just buy some bubble wrap and "layer" it like a lasagna. TFs bubble wrap, TFs, bubble wrap til theyre snug and secure. Hope this helps as this is what I did when I had to transport my TFs to the new house when I moved out of my aunts place. These are usually abvailable in any Reject Shops, Dollar shops

Edit and Addit: I had about 400+ TFs when I had to transport them. They all fit snugly ( in vehicle/alt mode) in 3, 94liter plastic boxes. stacked on top of each other. NOw I use these to store my unused Lego bricks.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Um... This is where most of my less-expensive figures currently reside...

By the way, That pic is probably 1 year old...

you can play stacko like me with plastic containers and boxes in the living room.... :P