Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Trading Cards in this month's kids magazines

Default Transformers Trading Cards in this month's kids magazines

Tipped off by Krayt the other day that there are some kids magazines with Transformers Trading cards in them, I had a look and found them at Woolworths today.
    They have randomly packed Character cards (the bigger ones), and the two magazines are priced at $6 and $7... making them the same price as the booster packs ($6 at BigW, $7 at Kmart). So if you are trying to complete your set of Character cards, and don't need any more battle cards, this could end up being cheaper than buying heaps of random packs, or buying from a secondary source online.
    The character cards I saw, and the ones in the photos Krayt sent me, were all Common character cards... but you never know, they may have been given all of the cards by Hasbro/WOTC, and the rarer ones are also available... if you can find them.

Students in Sydney public schools may have also gotten them with the end of of year issue of a kids magazine. They were very popular for a few days especiallysince one side was all shiny, but then when they realised they couldn’t store them with the Pokémon or yugioh cards they seemed to go off them very fast, ended up with many in our recycle bins at the end of year clean up.

Can’t fault hasbro for trying to get cards into as many hands as possible.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

That could have been a goldmine... raiding the bin and selling them online. You'd probably get at least $2-3 each, even for the common ones because you'd have to pay at least $6 for them in store and risk getting duplicates.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Students in Sydney public schools may have also gotten them with the end of of year issue of a kids magazine. They were very popular for a few days especiallysince one side was all shiny, but then when they realised they couldn’t store them with the Pokémon or yugioh cards they seemed to go off them very fast, ended up with many in our recycle bins at the end of year clean up.

Can’t fault hasbro for trying to get cards into as many hands as possible.
    Gee that's a great promotion.

I still think it was stupid of Hasbro not to make them standard card sizes. Also, while I haven't opened my Metroplex set, I still think that size is ridiculous. I wonder if they thought bigger is better?

Anyway, I have heaps wrapped under the tree at home for friends kids, we'll see if they are able to usurp the yugioh craze in their households at least.

These are in Big W in Mudgee -grabbed a Swoop last week

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I still think it was stupid of Hasbro not to make them standard card sizes. Also, while I haven't opened my Metroplex set, I still think that size is ridiculous. I wonder if they thought bigger is better?
    They made the Metroplex card huge because you have to hide the 3 sidekick cards underneath to bring out when you flip it.

Picked this up today. There are two interviews with collectors. One with a kid who has 67 Transformers, and the other with some handsome dork with over 2500 figures (don't know where they got that number from; you all know that I'm pretty open with my collection count - it's right there in my signature!)

And hats off to that kid with 67 figures - that is an impressive sized collection for a kid. Hopefully he'll continue to be a fan for life.

what a nice magazine...

what are the rare ones? Might go have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    what a nice magazine...

what are the rare ones? Might go have a look.
    On the bottom of the card where the numbering is

CT = Common
    UT = Uncommon
    RT = Rare
    SRT = Super Rare

But so far I have only seen commons

Goky Nice Work too!!!!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    They made the Metroplex card huge because you have to hide the 3 sidekick cards underneath to bring out when you flip it.
    I haven't opened my sets yet, however even armed with that information can you still not hide them under a normal size card... you know, a stack of 4 cards?