View Poll Results: Wave 1 Micromasters - worth getting?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • G1 themed Micromasters again? Hells yeah!

10 76.92%
  • Only if cheap

1 7.69%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

2 15.38%
  • I have minuscule interest in these figures

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toys Review - Seige Micromasters (Wave 1)

Do you find the build quality as good as the originals? I think they are great little updates but to pricey

Micro Masters, Mega regret.

I picked up Roadhandler and Swindler the other day on a whim. Boy do I wish I hadn't wasted my money.

Cheap feeling plastic, Roadhandler has rounded heels making it tricky for him to stand, Swindler's arms are seriously hindered by his shoulders. The only have one extra point of articulation (a waist), than their G1 counterparts.

Roadhandler's feet don't make a smooth connection when in vehicle mode leaving a gap. SWindler is a nice enough looking car, but that colouring...

Weapon mode is just rubbish.

Final nail in the coffin, the price, I payed 1200yen for mine and I feel I was ripped off. TTMall has the rrp listed as 2000yen. I'm not normally one to bother with rrp and stuff, but these guys are just not good value for money.

About the only thing I like is their small vehicles are good fun to vroom on the tabletop and other base-bots. But I could do that with other toys too.

I'll be passing on any more of these guys. Unless they pop out a Sports car patrol, but do I want to sully my enjoyment I had with my G1 ones with (a probable) inferior version?
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 25th February 2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Final nail in the coffin, the price, I payed 1200yen for mine and I feel I was ripped off. TTMall has the rrp listed as 2000yen. I'm not normally one to bother with rrp and stuff, but these guys are just not good value for money.
    1200JPY is still $5 cheaper than what they're selling for here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Micro Masters, Mega regret.

I picked up Roadhandler and Swindler the other day on a whim. Boy do I wish I hadn't wasted my money.

Cheap feeling plastic, Roadhandler has rounded heels making it tricky for him to stand, Swindler's arms are seriously hindered by his shoulders. The only have one extra point of articulation (a waist), than their G1 counterparts.

Roadhandler's feet don't make a smooth connection when in vehicle mode leaving a gap. SWindler is a nice enough looking car, but that colouring...

Weapon mode is just rubbish.

About the only thing I like is their small vehicles are good fun to vroom on the tabletop and other base-bots. But I could do that with other toys too.

I'll be passing on any more of these guys. Unless they pop out a Sports car patrol, but do I want to sully my enjoyment I had with my G1 ones with (a probable) inferior version?
    I’m late I know but I agree with this^. I got these for my 4 year old son and he can’t transform these because of the inconsistent tolerances and poor design. I would have been better off tracking down some decent condition G1 Micromasters.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

My key interests were Top Shot and Flak, and apart from the price of them, I'm not terribly disappointed.

Ok so Top Shot's cannon is a bit of a stump now but as Trev pointed out, the turret is fully playable. Plus as part of his transformation into 'gun mode' he gets a hip swivel. A hip swivel on this size toy is crazy! So his articulation is right up there. I can overlook the paint apps faux pas as a result. Plus his barrel can swivel over the top for extra fiyapowwwwaaaahhhh

Flak is perfect, he was always my fave from the original Battle Patrol so he hasn't disappointed me in his new update. Missiles for days.

About the only negative feedback I have is their pins must've been mega tight - I popped their legs off at the balljoints a few times accidentally when initially transforming them! But they seem to be getting better with use.

The combined gun mode is VERY heavy for some of my looser jointed figures, which is a shame as I was hoping Hardhead could wield it. But the gimmick doesn't compromise their alt or robot modes too much.

Overall these guys are great. I hope to see Sunrunner and Sidetrack in the future.