Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRNS-01 VALKYRIE IN HAND

Default TRNS-01 VALKYRIE IN HAND

My Valkyrie Arcee arrived today from BBTS

This is what I think of the figure

Pros.
    She is a great looking figure and a perfect G1 Arcee. Transformation simple and works well. Its amazing Hasbro have never been able to do this. Her Joints are nice. Not to tight and lot to loose. The paint was not bad and not like the one we all saw the review on. Looks great with the classics.

Cons.

EXPENSIVE

The paint is not perfect but like I said above not that bad. Might need a touch up. Not really a con but she is so small but she has to be to fit in.
    The only real problem I have is she is a real light figure. Feels like the same kind of plastic used in a model Kit. If your not careful she will break. The clips that hold her chest down dont really do much.

BUT at the end of the day im so happy to have a G1 Arcee in the collection and I dont regret getting her. I cant put her down. If you want one and are willing to pay the price for what is really just a custom you should be happy.
    Last edited by VERT; 23rd July 2010 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks for the review VERT. It does sound a lot better than the reviews over on Seibertron. Still... I think I might hold off for a possible WFC Arcee release (I can dream ).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yeah I want a WFC Arcee to. Hell we need Hasbro to make all the the WFC characters as toys

Yeah, thanks Vert for the review. It does make me feel a bit better about ordering the toy as I had very low expectations for it in regards to quality.

Like I said it feels like a model kit and the paint was not that bad on mine. Just dont expect the world from it To much hype does this.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah, I have mine too. It looks good but just feels really.... cheap. Like those knockoff toys you find at the dollar shop.

is she even worth it for that price?

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    is she even worth it for that price?
    My guess is that it won't be worth it as far as the toy is concerned. However the price of owning a character accurate transforming toy is something else entirely.

I am already resigned to the fact that as far as materials and paint finishes go, she will be sub-par but I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    My guess is that it won't be worth it as far as the toy is concerned. However the price of owning a character accurate transforming toy is something else entirely.

I am already resigned to the fact that as far as materials and paint finishes go, she will be sub-par but I can live with that.
    yeah i know what you mean, the feelings is the same im just contemplating and im more 50/50 it so hard to decide

Yeah thats right Kup. Its worth the cost if you want an Arcee if you have been waiting for one since 1986.