Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masterpiece G2 Bumblebee (TRU AU import)

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    It great that we get an English translation and a OTCA member gets too contribute to a TF product ,but I personally do wish you don't push your own agenda in trying to put Latin into Transformers products.

That is just me humble opinion and I think Hasbro was trying to be accommodating to you for your services. But keep up the good work!
    I don't see the problem here, Gok's just playing with something cool and I highly doubt that he's written the translation in a vacuum. "qui minime videtur fore esse periculosissimus potest" is pretty much perfect for this redeco IMO

Default Wow

wow the regular version isn't even worth the $99 tru are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    It great that we get an English translation and a OTCA member gets too contribute to a TF product ,but I personally do wish you don't push your own agenda in trying to put Latin into Transformers products.

That is just me humble opinion and I think Hasbro was trying to be accommodating to you for your services. But keep up the good work!
    What "agenda" do you think he could possibly be pushing by including Latin? The resurrection of a dead language? Gay robot marriage in our schools? Forward the Decepticon empire?

Latin has always been a part of the Transformers franchise, from character names like Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus through to today. This is Gok's little flourish, the thing that says "I worked on this", and it arguably adds a touch of class to what are meant to be premium releases as well. He could have done something horrible like trying to get the first letter of each sentence to spell out his name, but he didn't - instead he included a nice signature that harkens back to the origins of the franchise while also making it clear to those in the know who the translator was. The translated documents are a bonus that we get for imports in this country and one we ought to be glad for, and the Latin is a part of that. It makes it unique. It makes it different. It does not push forward any "agenda".

Quote Originally Posted by Sonictail View Post
    I don't see the problem here, Gok's just playing with something cool and I highly doubt that he's written the translation in a vacuum. "qui minime videtur fore esse periculosissimus potest" is pretty much perfect for this redeco IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    What "agenda" do you think he could possibly be pushing by including Latin? The resurrection of a dead language? Gay robot marriage in our schools? Forward the Decepticon empire?

Latin has always been a part of the Transformers franchise, from character names like Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus through to today. This is Gok's little flourish, the thing that says "I worked on this", and it arguably adds a touch of class to what are meant to be premium releases as well. He could have done something horrible like trying to get the first letter of each sentence to spell out his name, but he didn't - instead he included a nice signature that harkens back to the origins of the franchise while also making it clear to those in the know who the translator was. The translated documents are a bonus that we get for imports in this country and one we ought to be glad for, and the Latin is a part of that. It makes it unique. It makes it different. It does not push forward any "agenda".
    Well said, and thank you. Latin's been increasingly used in more recent Transformers canon, particularly the IDW comics, with names/terms like Aequitas, Ambulon, Minimus Ambus, Dominus Ambus, Conjunx Endura, Amica Endura etc.

The Latin text doesn't replace anything important, as the original Japanese text was nothing more than a translation of the English logos, thus writing the same thing out in English twice seemed rather redundant. And the English version is right there on the robot mode bio anyway, so I'm not providing the Latin mottos as the exclusion of the English ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    He could have done something horrible like trying to get the first letter of each sentence to spell out his name
    Now there's an idea!!

Well done to Gok once again (if only you could give TRU guidance on a sane price )

Everyone has an opinion and it's great that we can discuss it here, I'm sure it will come up again on your next project.

Australian exclusive MP's!! Imagine if someone said they would one day exist five years ago?!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Well, this is good news. Although I'll be getting the Japanese one anyway, It still makes me happy to hear that HasbroAU are willing to go to these efforts for Aussie fans.

And well done Gok. I hope to get to read all your work on the MP booklets one day.

I am happy Hasbro has given these translations to Gok...imagine Wheeljack and Bumble translated by which ever party was that in which looks like they dont know much about transformers (they translated Cybertron to Seibertron???, that is a fansite)

On second thoughts it doesn't seem too distracting, still very use to the Japanese connection when I look at MP.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

IMO G2 Bumblebee looks better then G1 Bumblebee (in MP form I mean) and apparently might be slightly cheaper then a normal MP Car.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera