Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BigW Devastator update (26th June)

Quote Originally Posted by frozensage View Post
    I got given one which was put on lay by... is it really safe?
    I've asked customer service, and at least 3 people in store that appeared to be Managers/ Senior people, and they have all advised that it will be allocated to Lay buys in the first instance and then put on the shelf. The reason for this was that it was classed as an No Overstock, ie that they could not take more orders.

Of course there is no way to assure (I assume) that someone wont just show initiative and put the whole lot out on the floor for sale.

Regardless if you need Devy now, I'd be calling at lull times to ask them to check their system for in transit, in stock and sold amounts of Devvy. If your store doesn't have any, the sales amounts should keep rising (as laybuys) and the in transit remain the same, until it becomes in stock and it will be the in stock minus the sold.

If you have one on Laybuy and someone reports they got a call in your state or store, I'd be calling checking you had stock allocated to your lay buy.

All this is just based on what I have been told, so happy to be corrected.

Good luck all!

Quote Originally Posted by frozensage View Post
    I got given one which was put on lay by... is it really safe?
    Was it put on layby, or was it just being held? I actually went in store, collected it, and went to the lay-by counter and put some cash down. If Devs gets sold out from underneath me I'll be pretty pissed, but I don't think it's likely. It's a guaranteed sale, my name is in the system, not just a piece of paper, and these places tend to be fairly good at storing laybys, as long as the system is anything like the Kmart I used to work at.

I got a system generated receipt and have been checking if its in stock under my name. I assume it is specifically a lay buy. I don't have a lot of faith it will be allocated, nothing personal about the people, just that its probably not on their list of priorities, hence calling to discuss stock levels.

By the sounds of it it seems like its also a good idea to push to have your name put down somewhere too but no one ever offered it to me at my local.

Just got the call from Big W. They said their store got 'un-supplied' for Devie. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera