Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How To Fix Stress Marks

Hi. I'm new here. Glad to be a part of the site. I just tried this method on my Combiner Wars Powerglide which had a factory stress mark on the wing joint. Rather than a hair dryer, I used boiling water as it was more precise. I just boiled the kettle and ran a stream of water from the spout. Holding the stress mark under the stream seemed to make a huge difference. While the stress mark is not perfect it is 80% improved.

Huge necro bump but boy am I glad you did that! I had no idea about this trick. What a handy little way to get rid of stress marks. Going to try this at home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron Action Flash View Post
    Hi. I'm new here. Glad to be a part of the site. I just tried this method on my Combiner Wars Powerglide which had a factory stress mark on the wing joint. Rather than a hair dryer, I used boiling water as it was more precise. I just boiled the kettle and ran a stream of water from the spout. Holding the stress mark under the stream seemed to make a huge difference. While the stress mark is not perfect it is 80% improved.
    thanks the awesome to know.....

Maybe a seniors moment or maybe I haven't posted for a long long time time.

I was reading this thread and was thinking out loud "This is awesome I must try this"

Then on page 2 I read a post by me saying I'd sucesfull used it a while back lol

Well my wife is going to give borth to our second child in a weeks time so I know she would be very interested to hear of any tips that...

...oh wait - the thread says stress marks - sorry, my mistake

At least you realized now befor you got the hair dryer onto her.