Thread: Garage Sale Trail - October 26th

Default Garage Sale Trail - October 26th

Meant to post this earlier in the week but kept forgetting however, tomorrow is the national Garage Sale Trail. Basically, it's where thousands of garage sales occur on the same day, Saturday 26 October.

You have to register for their website to see where the garage sales are being held but it could worth it because there is a very real possibility of picking-up some unwanted Transformers for a bargain. I would love to hear of any fellow collectors finding a treasure trove of vintage G1 Good luck!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

nah you don't really need to register 5FDP, you only need to put your zipcode, at the start there will be a pop up which tells you to register but it also has the choice - just browsing at the moment - which I chose. I put in my Zip code and viola - it will let you put in the radius of how far you wanna search and it'll show you the different garage sales happening....indicated by red pointers - when you put your mouse on it it'll show the details of the sales - including the address.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Zipcode? What country are you in?

ooops haahah, I meant postcode
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    nah you don't really need to register 5FDP, you only need to put your zipcode, at the start there will be a pop up which tells you to register but it also has the choice - just browsing at the moment - which I chose. I put in my Zip code and viola - it will let you put in the radius of how far you wanna search and it'll show you the different garage sales happening....indicated by red pointers - when you put your mouse on it it'll show the details of the sales - including the address.
    Oops... you're right. And using the keyword search I've found quite a few selling Transformers, even 80's vintage ones *runs to the car*
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Oops... you're right. And using the keyword search I've found quite a few selling Transformers, even 80's vintage ones *runs to the car*
    Get the email/phone/cell contact info

5FDP, were you lucky?

Am a bit under the weather and didn't go. Only saw 2 locations with vintage transformers. Wattle Grove and St Helens Park I think.

Unfortunately not I called a couple who were in a 100 km radius however they were cleaned out of Transformers by mid-morning. I suspect that those will turn up at the Parra Fair next month at a 200% mark-up Hopefully this is not the case and they made their way into the hands of collectors here. I spent the day helping my wife with her garage sale - and no, we weren't selling any Transformers

Maybe next year we organise a group of Ozformers and make a day of this. You know, work out a strategy of places to hit up. Kinda like a treasure hunt Toy Hunters Australia!!
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

You're probably right about the Parra fair!
    Nice idea about the toy hunt Never heard of this garage sale before.

I wouldn't have had time to go to any but this is a very interesting concept.

thanks for the heads up, maybe next year.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)