Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Big W Toy Sale June 21 to July 11 (not many TF products this year) :(

So a friend of mine who managed to grab the last PotP Evolution Optimus Prime from Macquarie Big W said that a guy ahead of him took 3 of them. Guess he really liked them and/or was picking them up for friends, or else (hopefully not) they'll be scalped :-(

Quote Originally Posted by zzyss View Post
    So a friend of mine who managed to grab the last PotP Evolution Optimus Prime from Macquarie Big W said that a guy ahead of him took 3 of them. Guess he really liked them and/or was picking them up for friends, or else (hopefully not) they'll be scalped :-(
    Curious to know when this was, just for a stock level timeline sake. I picked up one last Thursday night and it came straight off a pallet, there were no others at the time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Netflix or classic? I’ve seen neither in store yet and the classic one has been unavailable on the website since before the sale began.
    We had 2 84 and 3 Netflix when I walked out of work on Saturday morning, but going by the Big W website the 84s are now sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    We had 2 84 and 3 Netflix when I walked out of work on Saturday morning, but going by the Big W website the 84s are now sold out.
    Took me a few stores until I found them, was starting to think the 84 set wasn’t available at all.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

must be reading the threads and tracking them down, whelp least we won't have that issue

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well how damn wrong was I!

Going to the Big W toy sale was kinda a bust but kinda not.

On the one hand, they had none of the four I really wanted (Unicronus, Optimal and SS Grimlock & Blackout) as they only got a few of each and they sold out fast!

On the other hand, the main sales assistant turned out to be a Transformers fan and knew who I was . Apparently he is not a member here but comes on here sometimes and through OzF has become a reader of my Blog and recognized me from all the photos on there

Anyway, he told me that they had only gotten two boxes of the four I was after (and of those he had grabbed one of each for himself) and the others had sold out super fast. He was kind enough to offer to check to see if they would get more in and if so put them aside for me, and in the meantime put me onto some $24 SS figures for myself and some $10 TR figures for my son. Nice bloke

Anyway, turns out they had one each of the four I wanted left at Big W in Bathurst so my mum-in-law grabbed them for me so got what I wanted in the end, just have to wait until she visits on Sunday

Oh, and in case he reads this thread: Hi Jamie
    Hi Trev.
    No worries mate, sorry I couldn't help with the leaders. Glad to hear you were able to get all 4 from Bathurst.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Curious to know when this was, just for a stock level timeline sake. I picked up one last Thursday night and it came straight off a pallet, there were no others at the time.
    Thursday morning, I guess between 9 and 10am. Friend went to Top Ryde first at 9am after dropping off the kids, and they were sold out. Then he went to Macquarie and got it, which is when he saw this guy.

I went there (Macquarie) on my lunch break, and the service desk said they had zero stock of any leaders (based on the code from the website) and the handheld thingy she was looking at said they had zero on order.

She then used a computer to check other stores, and called around. So if you got one Thursday night you must've gotten lucky.

She then used a computer to check other stores, and called around. So if you got one Thursday night you must've gotten lucky.
    Perhaps the pallet I got mine from arrived during that day? It was un-boxed from the carton right in front of me.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

When my muminlaw checked the Big W in Bathurst she couldn’t see any of the new leaders, so played the confused old lady card and gave her list to a employee who then found them out the back.

So if you can’t find what you want on the shelves it may be worth an ask

Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus Cron View Post
    Hi Trev.
    No worries mate, sorry I couldn't help with the leaders. Glad to hear you were able to get all 4 from Bathurst.
    Cheers mate
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 26th June 2018 at 12:30 PM.

Where are the deeeellllluuuuuuxxxxxxeeeessss?!?!?!