Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Meal toy promotion

heh the megatron toy got banned because it looked like a pile of slag lol

I do remember that Mcdonalds did allow for people to be able to send away for the Megatron toy (I guess they would have had thousands to dispose of). I can understand the paranoia of marketing thinking that at a time of terror, having a war machine (tank, in any colours) plastered across their banners/advertising/menu boards/etc, would have a negative perception. Not sure if anyone would have started protests, or public boycotts over it, but I do recall how schools were organising councillors for young children after sept11, because of the images that haunted/distressed a lot of kids. That sought of distress could have turned away a lot of kids at the time who may or may not have had a psychological reaction to a picture of a military vehicle at Mcdonalds (and not come back for a long time, like the affect of word association).

I'd totally forgotten about that ban! I've had several happy Meal Megatrons in my possession at various stages, but I can't remember how I got them. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy
    heh the megatron toy got banned because it looked like a pile of slag lol
    IMO Demolishor is the crappiest of the Armada Happy Meal toys.

I thought some of the Beast Wars Happy Meal toys were pretty neat... Transmetal Scorpnok is okay and I quite like Transmetal Blackarachnia. I even have a fondness for Transmetal Dinobot even though I must admit that it's a pretty inherently crap figure. d: The Beast Machines Red Rooster Meal toys were pretty forgettable though. (-_-)

I didn't like the Red Rooster movie Meal toys though... I got Bumblebee and Megatron and I think they're both epic fails.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd totally forgotten about that ban! I've had several happy Meal Megatrons in my possession at various stages, but I can't remember how I got them. Ah well.
    If memory serves the boxes of Megatron were delivered to our store but then taken away on the next delivery day (ours were tues/thurs) we had surplus of earlier weeks figures and hadnt opened/sold the Megatron ones, but I'm sure other stores would have.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I didn't like the Red Rooster movie Meal toys though... I got Bumblebee and Megatron and I think they're both epic fails.
    I've got to agree the Red Rooster toys were mostly crap, Starscream and Megatron in particular (although Megs was very detailed in the sculpt). Frenzy was terrible but his disc shooter is pretty powerful, and I actually liked Bumblebee, it was like the pretenders all over again!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Does anyone like the energon ones? I'm thinking of giving mine away.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I really like Happy Meal Unicron - mostly because the concept of Unicron, the dark god of chaos, in the form of a McDonalds Happy Meal toy amuses me to no end. Now all we need is a Happy Meal Cthulhu.

lets all get together for a happy meal meet, all grown ups sitting around with happy meals, i can ask for paper hats then we can all play astronauts on the spaceship, it will be great
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    lets all get together for a happy meal meet, all grown ups sitting around with happy meals, i can ask for paper hats then we can all play astronauts on the spaceship, it will be great
    zomg we should have a mcdonalds party :P
    can use the kiddy room and playground and all

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Does anyone like the energon ones? I'm thinking of giving mine away.
    i'll take if you don't want...

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    zomg we should have a mcdonalds party :P
    can use the kiddy room and playground and all
    Is it expensive?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion