Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    I got the e-mail, but no letter, nor anything about signing up for an account on their website.
    Can't link a subscription either because I don't have a number.
    That's where I was until I got the letter. I didn't get a chance to call them up so might email them about my subscription and follow up with a call on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Issue two is out in newsagents now ($12.99) for anyone that hasnt subscribed yet.
    For those interested issue 02 is volume 36 and contains Spotlight: Shockwave, Spotlight: Soundwave, Stormbringer 1-4, Spotlight: Nightbeat, Spotlight: Hot Rod.
    Going to have another quality comparison PB? The last one was very informative
    Sure, when I figure out how I get my copy. I have those issues as original comics and in two different IDW reprints. I'd expect as they are working off native digital files there won't be much difference but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsurge View Post
    Yeah I picked up Issue 2 today. Read the Spotlight:Shockwave. Shockwave took down all 5 dinobots by himself! Since when did the Dinobots become so weak? I can understand Devastator being a tough ask but Shockwave?
    Shockwave is one of the extraordinary powerful bots in the IDW verse. And that issue is also a homage to the original Marvel comics in which basically the same set of events happened. But there's also an easy out, the energon fields weakened the Dinobots

Got a follow up email with the following info - nothing new:
    "Issues 1 – 3 are scheduled to be dispatched on the 8th September. Free gifts are dispatched as follows.
    Dispatch 1 - 2 Transformers Keyrings (Autobots & Decepticons Symbols)

Dispatch 1 - Transformers Wallet

Dispatch 2 - Tin Plate cover (Issue #50 from Nov 1988)

Dispatch 4 - Transformers Bookends (Autobots and Decepticons Symbols)

Plus for customers who subscribe online:

Dispatch 2 - Transformers Mug"

I've decided to selectively collect parts of this series just to fill in gaps in my G1 comic collection. Picked up issue 1 today because although I already have Target 2006, I'm conveniently missing the 3 US issues that it's reprinted. Unfortunately I find that the reprint quality in the Definitive Collection book isn't as nice as that of the Titan Books reprint from 2002. The TB reprints beautifully restored the original comics from 1986, giving us more vibrant colours and sharper images. The Definitive Collection reprints feel like a step down from that with relatively more faded colours and blurrier/grainier lines. The print quality isn't bad per se, but it's just not as good as its forerunners. It's a real shame though because the original UK comics were so beautifully illustrated and coloured. Unlike TF comics today they didn't rely on digital enhancement. So much of the lighting and visual effects in the artwork were entirely drawn and painted by hand. As a fan of the G1 comics it disappoints me to see that quality not being fully presented well due to a reduced print quality.

I concur that the Titan reprints are better, but they are more than a decade out of print and not easily available for people. These new reprints are far superior to IDW's Best of UK reprints and their Classic UK reprints. The Titan books were also a lot more expensive to buy when they were released than these reprints are.

That's definitely true on the price. I was undecided about getting issue 1 until I realised that it had those 3 US issues that I'm missing. Adjusting for inflation, those 3 US issues alone would be worth a bit over $6, so from my POV the Target: 2006 reprint cost is less than $2. The Titan Books were certainly dearer but definitely worth the price given the superior print quality.

P.S.: Although the price of these Definitive Collection books is set to go up. A newsagent told me that issue 3 is going to be $20 and apparently that's going to be the price for the rest of this series. So the relative dollar value will be less compared to the $7.99 that I paid for #1.

But when are they actually going to collect Time Wars in a book?

I rang today to enquire about my subscription (after several more issues logging in to their website). Apparently my credit card hadn't gone through which is why they sent me a direct debit request form. They now have my credit card so hopefully it's sorted.

I asked why I couldn't see my subscription in my account (despite having a number) and was told that was a known issue and I should just call for the time being if I have questions about where my subsription status is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    But when are they actually going to collect Time Wars in a book?
    Should be Volume 15, but who knows when that will come out. I suspect the one you want most will always be one of the later ones

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Got a follow up email with the following info - nothing new:
    "Issues 1 – 3 are scheduled to be dispatched on the 8th September.
    So has anyone gotten their first issue yet? I'm still a'waitin

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So has anyone gotten their first issue yet? I'm still a'waitin

Just received issue 1,2,3 today . I explicitly said send from issue 2onwards, but they sent all 3. they billed me for issue 1 and 2 ($20)

Also got the keychains and the wallet

Recent Purchases => TR Prime Optimus Maximus, Knight Morpher Cyclops, Bot Shots Battle for the Matrix, Steatlth Force Gears

Wants => TF Prime Deluxe Airachnid, FOC Wave 1

Just received my three. I wish they were released in chronological order but it's such a nostalgia trip to read Target 2006 today
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!