Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyfair Australia 2018 Transformers exhibit

Default Toyfair Australia 2018 Transformers exhibit

The 2018 Australian Toy, Hobby and Licensing Fair is on in Melbourne from today until Wednesday, and Hasbro are once again present to show off this year's toys to Retailers.
    Ozformers was invited to visit their exhibit for the eleventh year now, and take some photos... and we will be back there later today for a
    world first exclusive reveal of three Transformers toys
    (not a first reveal anymore, as Hasbro America miscalculated the timezones and released the official images four hours early... )

But first, with thanks to Hasbro Australia and Hasbro America for making this possible, some photos of the toys on display this year at the Hasbro exhibit.

(the Cyberverse and Studio Series toys are actually in the sealed room with the Bumblebee Movie toys, but Hasbro Australia were generous
    enough to bring some out of the room for me to photograph)

The big feature is Predaking this year, and I was able to bring my Gen1 Predacon set with me for some comparison photos.... and was even
    allowed to combine one of the sets to have a bit of a trial play (it had the same feel as Devastator with its design and complexity, not being too
    difficult to spoil the play element or too easy for the expected hefty price-point).

Ponys and Bots.... a nice combination.

Their Rescue Bots display.

Over to one side they had a display of licensed items (to encourage retailers to seek out licensed items to add to their range of Hasbro toys... and doesn't mean that any of it will actually be released here).
    Of interest were some Moschino clothing and baggage items using Transformers artwork from the original 1980s toy boxes (the battle scenes on the back).
    I don't know if these are real items that they are actually releasing, or if they are just one-off promotional pieces by Moschino.

More photos to come later today.

Lol @ grumpy Ratchet - the only bot that couldn't be bothered getting out of altmode

Looks like the clothing was something that was revealed in January 2017 at an actual fashion show. Still not sure if they were actually produced for sale though.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Any images of what inferno's combined mode looks like?

I know its just a straight defensor repaint but hoping seeing it in hand might change my perception of it

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Any images of what inferno's combined mode looks like?

I know its just a straight defensor repaint but hoping seeing it in hand might change my perception of it
    No one thought to do the combined mode, and we only had the toys for about 30 minutes among 12 people... and I forgot to bring or organise to have someone bring some combiner limbs too.

Going off photos it looks like there will be more combiner kibble on Predaking than most CW combiners. What's it seem like in person?

Nice photos Griffin.

Although they managed to transform the arms on Predaking right, it looks like the side panels on the waist that are supposed to fill in the sides were left folded in. How's the flimsy looking waist feel in hand?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Going off photos it looks like there will be more combiner kibble on Predaking than most CW combiners. What's it seem like in person?
    I didn't get to transform them into beast mode, so can't say what that element is like, but combining them was a bit of fun... and felt similar to Devastator, in terms of complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Nice photos Griffin.

Although they managed to transform the arms on Predaking right, it looks like the side panels on the waist that are supposed to fill in the sides were left folded in. How's the flimsy looking waist feel in hand?
    Ah, at the back.... I didn't notice those when I was putting the toy back together. Oops.

That was a great idea to pose POtP Predaking alongside the G1 original for scale. He looks twice the size. Can't believe Hasbro didn't think of doing that originally.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!