View Poll Results: Which Lego themes do people prefer to collect?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • City

14 36.84%
  • Star Wars

14 36.84%
  • Superheros DC/MARVEL

14 36.84%
  • Creator

7 18.42%
  • Technic

1 2.63%
  • Castle/Kingdoms

7 18.42%
  • Pirates

7 18.42%
  • Space

13 34.21%
  • Friends

0 0%
  • Agents/Ninjago/Chima

5 13.16%
  • Junior

0 0%
  • Advanced Collector Sets

6 15.79%
  • Vintage

4 10.53%
  • Something of everything

5 13.16%
  • Specific Themes or Other

7 18.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Lego themes do people prefer to collect?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    City, or anything City Related (Some of the Superheroes stuff I collect).
    Though nowadays I don't do it as much because my cats keep on destroying my sets
    Catzilla?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Catzilla?!?
    Super Angry Kitties?

The Creator sets seem to get better every year. Was never a fan of Technic as a young kid. However the pin/sideways building techniques used by the designers these days make Technic sets look pretty neat.

I'm a big sci-fi guy so generally the cool looking ships/vehicles that I like from various lines. Not really a line collector anymore. Very design specific.

This year I'm looking forward to the Ultra Agents Helicopter, the line's TRON bike, the DC Comics ship from the set with Darkseid and the Avengers Hellicarrier. I also collect a lot of Mega Bloks too b/c their Halo lines offer some very nice sci-fi vehicles.

Would buy more construction stuff but space is all so finite
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Benny's Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP! is the first lego I've purchased in over 25 years.
    I have a bucket at my parents that still has a lot of the stuff I had as a kid.

Transformers means I don't have the space time or money for Lego. I must stay strong
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Benny's Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP! is the first lego I've purchased in over 25 years.
    I have a bucket at my parents that still has a lot of the stuff I had as a kid.

Transformers means I don't have the space time or money for Lego. I must stay strong
    Bennys Spaceship is great! And it's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Bennys Spaceship is great! And it's huge.
    Sadly it's not yet been assembled and now sits in the garage waiting for a future opportunity.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I have Benny's spaceship, simply because its a homage to classics space! have not built it yet, but I'm waiting for the right moment. I have seen the reviews, it looks to be an impressive set.
    With the city sets, while this is my focus I just could never buy everything, because I only buy the ones I think I like. Only vehicles at this stage, just cars and trucks, no buildings yet. I think I'll need to look at some creator sets for that. I'm not really interested in the police station, and fire station sets as this seems to be a reacuring theme. The sub-themes supposed to be out this year do tickle my fancy eg. the deep sea exploration, and space exploration. I hope Lego tries to do more of these in the future as it will keep Lego city interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    The sub-themes supposed to be out this year do tickle my fancy eg. the deep sea exploration, and space exploration.
    The spaceport theme is interesting. Lego has not released a shuttle stack for quite a few years now. The training jet could be based on the T-38 Talon which NASA has used since at least the 1960s. Shame the Shuttle nose is not brick built but at least the piece has more windows than the last one.

IMO one of the best looking police stations in recent years is 7744. It looks European with the response car and the station van. The car resembles a small hatchback. The van looks like a VW Transporter. The set also had alternate German 'Polizei' stickers!

I mainly collect the Marvel/DC, Star Wars & Castle sets. However if something catches my eye or there is a particular figure I want then no line is off limits. If I am being honest my LEGO collecting is mainly based on minifigs, I love the way LEGO combines so many of the toy lines I used to collect and allows me to own a large amount of those toys in the same scale. With the addition of 3rd party companies custom printing so many other LEGO sized figures, like for example characters from DBZ (which probably is a line that would never be picked up by LEGO) are able to be displayed with official LEGO heroes like the TMNT, etc. If you include the TF Kreons (and can somehow accept that TF's are the same size as you or I, excluding the combiners) then you have even more options for cross-over displays around your home.

I prefer the Classic Space sets, as well as Blacktron I and Space Police I.

Also like some Creator sets.