Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMC Ocular Max Maximus Pro (not Hot Spot)

people are complaining about the rate of MMC releasing their figures, but judging by feral rex, you cant deny it was very worth while!

maketoy's not devestator is still in my opinion the best devastator out there and the quality of the figure is top notch, but their not-computron just doesnt do it for me, to me it doesnt look G1 enough... warbotron not-computron on the other hand really gives me the nostalgic feeling and invisions what I thought computron looked like in the G1 cartoon/toy.

anyway, i think it all depends on what scale your collection is and what the final products from both companies looks and feels like
    My sales thread: LINK HERE

Definitely agree. MMC take a long time but their stuff is top notch as is their after sales support. If this is CHUG scale I will definitely get it but if it is larger (Feral Rex scale) I will probably pass. I like my Predaking to be bigger than my other combiners but not Defensor. Saying that, if I magically get rich you can bet every 3rd party combiner will be in my collection
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Saying that, if I magically get rich you can bet every 3rd party combiner will be in my collection
    Abso-freaking-lutely.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Given MMC's current rate of releasing figures, this MIGHT be out in 2018.
    Which means no Abominus until 2021

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

this is sounding quite promising! mp style combiner!!! =O

original link:
    http://www.mmc-hub.com/ocular-max-qa...e-notdefensor/

Last week renders of a certain fireman TF were revealed. The place of origin of said pics was the Ocular Max website. OM is MMC’s label for Masterpiece style 3P toys influenced by the Studio OX aesthetics. The reveal of NotHot Spot, or “Maximas Pro” also meant something big and new: the first combiner to go for the MP niche.

Defensor has been getting a lot of attention lately with TFC Prometheus, Maketoys upcoming Guardia and even Hasbro with their Combiner Wars Defensor. So, what does MMC’s version, under their OM label, have to offer? I asked members of the tfw2005 boards if they had any questions about the upcoming combiner. MMC’s in-house designer, Griffith76, has been kind enough to share some answers about the project. Please remember to take this with a pinch of salt since the project is still subject to change. And so, without further delay:

– How big is the combined mode?

Combined should be around 15″.

– Is it scramble city compatible?

Full scramble.

– Will all 5 members be unique molds?

They will look different in both modes but some might share certain parts in the areas that are not significant, for example mechanisms or joints.

Studio OX style Defensor

– Will they be sticking rigidly to g1 vehicles (aesthetically) like they are with Sphinx? For example, will Streetwise resemble an 80’s Nissan 300ZX.

We are going for the OX look but updating as and when necessary. OX is basically G1 toys on steriods and certain parts might be outdated. Initially I attempted to try more realistic vehicle models for the alt mode but it doesn’t look good combined. So its gonna be something close to G1/OX but simplified to make the combiner look clean and neat.

– How big is Hot Spot going to be?

Nothing is fully confirmed but Hot Spot should be around 8.6″.

– Are the limbs going to be MP car size? (assuming they all fall into line with Streetwise).

Limbs are tentatively 7″.

– When is the projected release for the first member? (I know things change but it’d be nice to see if it’s time to start saving now or if we have a bit of time to wait).

No promises on release. The revealing of the CG is accidental anyway.

– Will it have die-cast?

No diecast. Combiners should never have diecast especially at that size.

– General question not specific to Max Maximas Pro: What will be indicative of this line? Other than OX style with MP scale; what else are they trying to achieve/accomplish with the Perfection Series?

The combiners are solely handled by me alone so the aesthetics are gonna be quite different from the other individual figures in the line. I don’t know what the others try to achieve but I do believe that all the guys who are involved in this line are passionate and proud of what they do with this line. I’m just saying this on my own but I think what we are achieve in this line is to create definitive versions of the characters. Meaning we intend not just to outdo other groups but TT themselves. Saying that I can’t guarantee all the figures in the line will be the best representations of the characters or the best versions around, but we will be trying our best.

BTW, the rest of ox should have some diecast, just not combiners.
    My sales thread: LINK HERE

Looks a lot like they're based on G1 toys.

Forgive my ignorance but what is OX that keeps referred to?
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what is OX that keeps referred to?
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Studio_OX

This might be the one that starts me buying MP scale 3rd party bots. I vowed i would keep my 3rd party purchases to CHUG scale to keep a limit on my collecting but it seems MP is the new scale for 3rd party manufacturers so i might have to expand my collections. The wallet will not like it.
    Spiderken Away!