Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 - Your Best & Worst Acquisitions

Default 2014 - Your Best & Worst Acquisitions

In the calendar year of 2014, the 30th anniversary of Transformers, what was your....

1 - Best toy acquisition overall -

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired -

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired -

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) -

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) -

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) -

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year -

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) -

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 -

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) -

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) -

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) -

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) -

(I tried to avoid questions that might be on the Ozformers awards so that I didn't steal its thunder, so apologies if there are any duplicates.)

There are still two days left of shopping and postal deliveries for 2014, so hold off until New Years Day if you are expecting something in the next two days that might be an answer above.

Feel free to give reasons for any items you list, and you don't have to answer all 13.
    Last edited by griffin; 29th December 2014 at 09:18 PM.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Eva Prime

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Eva Prime

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Ehobby black Rodimus, Pretender Starscream, BW BlackArachnia

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Gen Jetfire tied with botcon Scorponok

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - AOE Snarl

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - no idea, I don't keep track... But just paid 50 us less than retail on the sdcc knights pack

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Eva prime

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Eva prime

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - no idea... Will check the list tomoz EDIT: 254 dated 2014 in my list.... Plus another 10 in transit... Plus A few from 2013 and earlier... so say 300?

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - dec.... Pol fromthe us and Eva prime and MP Magnus

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Japanese movie releases.... Wheeljack, comet prime, dino, soundwave etc etc

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - all covers inc sub/retailer exc of iDW releases

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - GRIMLOCK!!!!! (You know the one I mean)
    Last edited by Krayt; 30th December 2014 at 08:31 AM.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Masterpiece MP-03 Grimlock

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Masterpiece MP-03 Grimlock, Generations Jetfire, Generations Gears

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Didn't get any

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Rattrap (just because of the transformation, I still love it)

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - Generations Cliffjumper (a lot of people hate the mould, I absolutely love it)

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - Whirl (Dad got it in the US for rrp)

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Masterpiece Grimlock

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - If you count Masterpiece toys, probably YOTH Optimus Prime or MP Grimlock

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 27 figures, less actual packs

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - December

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - I missed Rhinox due to priorities on my money, I'm planning to get him soon.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - Including Generations pack-ins, 7

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - RID #36 comic: It was just so good
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 30th December 2014 at 08:41 PM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Ratbat.

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Generations Arcee

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - 25th anniversary Unicron.

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Nightbeat.

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - Generations Arcee. It looked like a cheap knockoff of 3rd party and except for 1/2 a car on her back, she's pretty good.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - None of my acquisitions in recent years has struck me as a good deal in recent years.

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - 25th anniversary Unicron.

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - 25th anniversary Unicron.

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 15-ish? I can never remember when.

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - I'll say February but have no idea.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Masterpiece and classicsverse dinobots.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - Four. I don't know. I buy trades and I read them. I don't catalog when they were released.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Transformers The Movie original motion picture score from Liege, I think. Was that even this year?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Fairly quiet year for me and I may mention something that was released last year but bare with my bad memory

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Wheeljack

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - MP Wheeljack. What's not to love

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - MIB G1 Starscream

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AOE Dinobots or Lockdown (he owned the movie but gee the toy sucks)

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - an oldie but SDCC Universe Nemesis Prime, just a great figure

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - Encore Metroplex for less than I pay for a pack of smokes

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Scoria I think

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - G1 Bumper

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - about 40 at a guess

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - Feb I think

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Computron, couldn't justify price

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - none

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display
    The AOE blu ray statue pack from Amazon for value

Deluxe Armada Starscream

2 - Best 2014-released toys acquired:
    Leader Class Jetfire
    Deluxe Armada Starscream
    Masterpiece Prowl
    Masterpiece Wheeljack

3 - Best pre-2014 toys acquired:
    Armada Optimus Prime
    Armada Jetfire
    Energon Ultra Magnus
    Armada Megatron W/ Demolisher
    Armada Tidal Wave

4 - Most disappointing toys I acquired:
    Beast Hunters Bumblebee (Broke when I bought him)
    Legends Class Grimlock (He is everywhere and the mold is now boring )
    (In most disappointing toys I didn't acquire, it would be most of the AOE toyline. Man were most of them boring)

5 - Most surprising toys I acquired:
    Deluxe Drift (This figure isn't under-rated, but it is what I say one of the best in the series)
    Evolution Optimus Prime Pack (The Movie Optimus has a Unique look to it while the G1 looks amazing)

6 - Best value toys acquisition:
    Generations Starscream, Scoop, Goldbug, Skywarp & skids, KO Masterpiece Sideswipe and Twoline/Skid-z

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - YOTH Masterpiece Optimus Prime

8 - Rarest toy acquired: Masterpiece Wheeljack (Australian Edition) :P

9 - Number of toys (roughly) I acquired during 2014 -More than 50 (including Mini-cons)

10 - Best month of acquisitions: September-October

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed:
    YOTH Starscream (Never got released here)

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired: 6

13 - Best non-toy items acquired:
    Transformers Generation 1 (Japanese Series)
    Transformers Armada Collection.

YOTH Optimus, Missed the original MP10 and when the YOTH came out there was only rumors of the MP10 reissue so had to go for it. Really impressive, I may have to double dip on the reissue.

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired -
    YOTH Prime, Hasbro MP Prowl, AOE Evasion Prime.

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired -
    Generations Springer, Reissue Ultra Magnus (Ready for MP22 to arrive.) Beast Hunters Ultra Class Predaking.

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) -
    Fairly happy with this years purchases, maybe Beast hunters deluxe Bulkhead, got him because I wanted a bulkhead but missed the voyager at a good price. Then 3 weeks later one showed up at big w for $20.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) -

AOE Legends Strafe - Picked him up only because I wanted a one headed Swoop but the Windrazor mold looks great as swoop and looks really cool next to voyager AOE Grimlock.

Reissue Ultra Magnus from Chimungmung for $39, YOTH Optimus from Myer at a 20% sale which I then paid for using credit card reward points so essentially free!

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year -
    YOTH Optimus and MP22 was paid for but not here yet.

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) -
    YOTH Optimus

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 -
    35-40

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) -
    December POL shipped

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) -
    Wanted to wait for Combiner wars but POL had to ship.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) -
    6 in Generations Packs plus all Digital MTMTE and Dark Cybertron

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) -
    Covenant of Primus, plus metal Autobot Badge from the wife for Christmas.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Silverstreak

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - AOE Hound

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - G2 Slag and Snarl, my first ever of those two Dinobots, now just a Swoop

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AOE Voyager Optimus Prime (Evasion Mode)

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - GO! Hunter Ratchet

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - TF Prime Voyager Bulkhead MIB $10

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - BotCon Pounce and Wingspan

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - BotCon Pounce and Wingspan

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 50

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - January on a quantity level

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - SDCC Dinobot set, just too expensive to justify

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - About 30 I think

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - The Transformers Legacy box art book, followed by like new copies of Marvel US #69 - 80

I've enjoyed collecting this year, although I haven't acquired anywhere near as many as in previous years.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Wheeljack

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - MP Wheeljack

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - THS02B Black hybrid style Convoy

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Gen Windblade. I just hoped for...more?

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - Hasbro MP Prowl. I was expecting it to be significantly different from the TakTom release, but it was just facsimile!

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - My first transformers jet and car. I picked them up at a swap meet for $5 each!

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Encore 23 Fort Max

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - I don't think I picked up anything too rare this year, maybe a Bumblebee?

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - about 50

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - I think September was when MP Wheeljack was released.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - like Paulbot, I really wanted the SDCC dinobot set for the Mt. St. Hilary playset, but price was too much.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - 4 I think, just the one as that came with Gen. Toys.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Transformer Legacy artwork book, it's just magic!

Hmmm, a 3-way tie between MP G2 Lambor, MP Magnus and Generations Roadbuster – all 3 blew my mind!

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired –
    *MP Ultra Magnus
    *MP Wheeljack
    *MP Bumblebee
    *MP Sunstorm
    *MP G2 Lambor
    *Generations Roadbuster,

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired
    –
    *G1 Windsweeper,
    *DOTM Human Alliance Leadfoot

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) –

*I expected more from AOE Leader Class Grimlock.
    *I thought that Generations Tankor would be better than he was.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) –
    *Was very surprised to find Bot Shots Warpath in a shop as didn’t even know it existed!
    *One-Step changer Stinger turned out to be way cooler than I thought he would be.
    *Only got Generations Sky Byte as part of a pack and he turned out awesome!

& 7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year -
    The answer to both is Gigantic Action Scorponok. Cost me a bit under AU$200 (so 7. the most I spent on a single figure) but he usually costs around AU$600 if you get him through the USA websites (so 6. The biggest price saving I had).

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) –

Not sure if I got any limited edition toys. Got sent these by a mate though:

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 –
    Near 300 at best estimate

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) –

September was pretty good for quantity…

But with all the MP’s, for quality definitely it’s December

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) –

*Wave 4 of the Kre-O Microchangers
    *SDCC Dinobots
    *Botcon Scorponok

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) –
    Got pretty much one of each IDW TF comic that was released this year

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) –

GRIMLOCK!

Wow - put all together it was a pretty damn good year!